Sign in to follow this  
double lunger14

2011 Unit 27

Phew. Well after a long wait dad 14, me 11 and my brother 6 (years) we finally drew a unit 27 archery bull tag. This hunt was one of the hardest ive ever been on. Bulls were hardly talking and they would run everytime any hunter would blow a call. We walked our butts off, we hunted a few days in the Blue and that is some rugged terrain. :blink:. I think we pry walked 90+ miles in 3 weeks. My brother ended up shooting a 5x5 (pics will come when i download them) and the first monday of the hunt. It wasnt the biggest bull but it was his first kill with a bow so it was awesome! I was holding out for a bull that i was chasing that was near 400+ class. I got into him a few times but he had 35+ cows with him so thats alot of eyes. Unfortantely i didnt end up getting a elk this hunt but i had a 1 good oppurtunity 3rd to the last day and i missed :( oh well thats hunting. My dad ended up shooting a nice 7x7 the day i missed mine. He pry scores around 330-340. Unfortantely our camera battery was dead and no one had a cell phone when we found the bull. We did how ever snap a few photos of him when we got in that i will post. All in all we made some memories that will last forever!! :D

post-3993-0-35447300-1316833777_thumb.jpg

post-3993-0-29144100-1316833798_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Phew. Well after a long wait dad 14, me 11 and my brother 6 (years) we finally drew a unit 27 archery bull tag. This hunt was one of the hardest ive ever been on. Bulls were hardly talking and they would run everytime any hunter would blow a call. We walked our butts off, we hunted a few days in the Blue and that is some rugged terrain. :blink:. I think we pry walked 90+ miles in 3 weeks. My brother ended up shooting a 5x5 (pics will come when i download them) and the first monday of the hunt. It wasnt the biggest bull but it was his first kill with a bow so it was awesome! I was holding out for a bull that i was chasing that was near 400+ class. I got into him a few times but he had 35+ cows with him so thats alot of eyes. Unfortantely i didnt end up getting a elk this hunt but i had a 1 good oppurtunity 3rd to the last day and i missed :( oh well thats hunting. My dad ended up shooting a nice 7x7 the day i missed mine. He pry scores around 330-340. Unfortantely our camera battery was dead and no one had a cell phone when we found the bull. We did how ever snap a few photos of him when we got in that i will post. All in all we made some memories that will last forever!! :D

Thats the same rack in both pic's - Looks like two different guy's.....? Which one is your daddy?

Nice looking bull!