Took a nice 7-9 yr.old boar(according to game and fish) this past week. Want to thank my son Jake (Sierra Ancha Kid) and Chris for getting him out . A special thanks to Chris who gave up his day to help us. We had just met him the previous evening. He went out of has way to cape the bear. Wish I knew his last name, what a hunter. And to Dana who kept me company while the recovery was taking place. Shot it with a R-bros 338 Edge 300gr.SMK. One shot through the lungs. Bear went 30-40 yrds and piled up .(Down in a STEEP ravine , of course)

By Dan

post-5832-0-07930800-1318545106_thumb.jpg

post-5832-0-23569100-1318545124_thumb.jpg

post-5832-0-99285400-1318545138_thumb.jpg

Very nice bear, congrats.

His last name is crosland,I heard all about it from his brother jeff,there good people.Nice bear!Hey dan arn't those edges great shooters!

Huge congrats on your bear! Chris is a great guy! Doesn't get any better than him! He texted your bear pic over to me the other day!

Hey Guys it was a pleasure to meet you. I want to congradulate you again on a fantanstic bear. Let me tell eveyone reading this post, Dan the shooter put alot of prep into making the shot. Jake is was nice to meet you as well. I have to say that bear was the biggest animal I've ever caped out on my own. What a trophy. I will be sending you a pic-cd very soon. Great job on a bear of a lifetime. That bear hopefully will be standing proudly in your home.Talk to you soon, Chris

Very nice.

Was he in the acorns? The meat should taste pretty darn good.

Looking forward to some updates when you try him out.

Nice rifle.

Very nice.

Was he in the acorns? The meat should taste pretty darn good.

Looking forward to some updates when you try him out.

Nice rifle.

He was in mixed pears ,scrub oak and juniper. Just narly bear country.

That certainly is a huge bear and congratulations to the hunter and everyone who helped. How much meat did you get out of this bear and have you ate any yet? I heard the older ones are much stronger tasting. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ