Sign in to follow this  
luckysob

What do you sleep on ?

What do you sleep on when you hunt or camp. I have been in the mattress business for 33 years. We specialize in mattresses and foam pads for sleeping.I can make you a new mattress or rebuild your old mattress for your RV. I even carry Poly foam pads to fit any cot or any size pad to throw on the floor, either in the tent or on the ground outside. Poly foam is lightweight and last a long time, it can be rolled up or stored just about any where.If you don't like the mattress in your RV, call me or PM me and we can discuss your options.

Thanks,

Bobby

Hey Bobby! Might like to chat with you about this sometime.....

Sold my pop-up last year and went back to 'tent camping'. I bought some nice sturdy Slumberjack cots. They're good and solid and provide a nice flat sleeping surface, but I've been thinking that a pad on top of them would be a good way to go! Maybe one of those 'egg carton' kind of pads?

Hope all is well for you & yours! Nick & Greta struck-out on the early Junior hunt, but Erik and I (and Ken) will be down in the same/usual stomping grounds chasing deer again next weekend!

S.

:)

i bought a couple of the cabelas XX's and bought pads to fit when i got em. the work pretty good. even for a big guy. Lark.

What cots are you guys using, that hold up? I've gone through a couple Slumber Jack cots. I don't need anything huge. Does the Davis tent or Cabelas hold up any better than the Slumber Jack?

I have a thin pad for most of the time. I'll also haul a spare sleeping bad for a pad. I also cut a memory foam bed topper in half for my cot. It is comfy, but I have yet to make a cover for it.

Stan,

Call me with your cot size and I can give you a price. The 3 inch pad is plenty for the cot. This keeps you warm in cold wheather and rolls up easy.

For members here the average price is 65.00 for the 3 inch pad with a cover on it.The egg crate or convoluted foam is too thin to make a differnce. The memory foam is good but wears out to quick and is heavy and pricey.Good luck to all this season, game on starting Friday !!!

Bobby

Bobby,

Are you familar with the Cabelas XXL cots? If so, what does a piece of foam for one of those bad boys run?

Give me the width and length and I can give you a CW.com price, do not share this price with non-members.

Bobby

What cots are you guys using, that hold up? I've gone through a couple Slumber Jack cots. I don't need anything huge. Does the Davis tent or Cabelas hold up any better than the Slumber Jack?

I can only speak for the Davis Big Boy. It is made of steel and can hold up to 800 lbs. It is dang near indestructable..... BUT - it is heavy. It breaks down small in a carry bag but weighs 35 lbs and isnt a good option for packing in.

Here is a video about it:

It use to be an air mattress until this last hunting trip. She had a leak and I was "sleeping" on hard truck bed half an hour after I blew it up. I am going with a cheap cot and pad from now on. If the cot breaks you still have the pad.

Since I got a Thermarest I will not go back to foam. I also use the thermarest when I take a cot and know it will be frigid.

We always use cots and pads. I have Cabela's cots, the big man size, and have had them for 5 years. I just replaced one because it started to split from along the cot frame, and another one is just starting. I have used these cots all over and would recommend them as a better alternative then blow up beds. I feel they just give a better nights sleep. Good Luck.