Gr8 White Jr

Monument to Javelina!

Most people who know me know that I LOVE javelina. I love hunting them especially with a bow. I really can't put my finger on one specific thing about these animals that I really like but I have always just been fascinated with them. Such interesting animals to sit back and watch at a distance. Anyway I thought I would explain myself being that most people think I'm crazy to have such a mount in my house. It all started years ago back in 2005 when I wanted to have a life size javelina mount done. I took my '05 archery javelina to a very well known taxidermist that used to have a shop here in Phx. Well after four years and still no finished mount from the original taxidermist I took my 2009 archery javelina to Bret Prentice at Game Trail Taxidermy in Surprise. Then when my girlfriend Angie killed her first javelina a month later on the 2009 rifle hunt we decided to have it added to the life size mount that was already in the works at Game Trails. Another year past by and still no word from the original taxidermist so I figured 5 years was way to long and I sent him an email and asked for my hide and deposit back. A few weeks later I received my hide in the mail so I called Bret over at Game Trails and asked him if we could use the hide to add a THIRD javelina to the mount. He was more than willing and made me a SMOKING deal on the third javelina. So that is how the "Javelina Monument" came about. It started out as just one mount and grew in to three. I've had the mount for a while now but am just now getting around to sharing pictures. Bret did a fantastic job and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! The detail he puts into his work is unreal! Thanks Bret! You are a true artist and your work shows it. Anyway, here it is.

Top left is my 2005 archery javelina. Top right is my 2009 archery javelina. Bottom is Angie's 2009 rifle javelina.

post-1275-0-17349900-1319835912_thumb.jpg

post-1275-0-43872900-1319835927_thumb.jpg

post-1275-0-45982700-1319835942_thumb.jpg

Hope you all like it as much as I do.

-Tracy

Thats a cool mount thanks for sharing. Oh now if you get one this year you should add a european mount to it that would top it off. Cool mounts.

Yes I would think you were a little crazy about your likens for those little critters. I have shot a few and ran over a few still not to crazy about them. I would have to say that your taxidermist did a fine job. The mount would look good in any man's game room. Thanks for posting your Javelina!

your not crazy at all. that is cool! Bret did a fantastic job. Its so neat to see a custom mount like that. every Javelina is in a different natural pose. The rocks look great too. I don't care what anybody says thats a mount to cherish.

Jim

Thats pretty cool looking.

How much does that mount weigh?

How many Bolts holding it on the wall

Surprisingly it only weighs roughly 75 lbs or so. Two 3 inch lag bolts dead center into the studs and it is rock solid!

-Tracy

That is pretty neat. You sure are fortunate that your honey lets you get away with stuff like this!

Yes I am! Especially being that there is no "getting away with it". She is the one that INSISTED that we get my 2009 javelina mounted because she was with me and watched the whole thing go down through her binos while I stalked in and shot it. In her words, "it is a special javelina" because she was there when I shot it. What can I say, I am blessed! :D

-Tracy

I think its time you ask that girl to marry you! Before someone else does!!!!

That is one of the coolest mounts I have ever seen! I would love to have that in my house. I have to admit that I have the same obsession that you do, nothing is more fun than chasing javelina with a bow! In fact I don't even own a bow right now and I still put in for archery javelina. The deer I shot this year took up some of my bow money but I am not going to complain about that!

nice mount.. I really like it. It looks goooooood and your taxidermy guy it's an artist.