Jeremy350

Ground blind

that does suck. seems our countries morality is in the tank lately with all this thievery going on.

how long was it left there - no reserve parking allowed -?

thats why they are pop-up - easy to take with you

sorry stuff stolen but why leave it?

nothing new - a chance ya take -just like the cameras

here today - gone tomorrow

Elkaholic your attitude is exactley why we have this problem. If it does not belong to you leave it the ____ alone.

no offense to anyone but +1 , I am a firm believer of if it aint yours leave it alone!!!

here we go again...

1) If it aint yours dont touch it. -

2)it takes a special breed and they are out there

3) If you dont want it stolen, dont leave it out and expect everyone to adhere to #1

I have cameras out and blinds out too if they are stolen I know I did everything I could to keep them as safe as I could without having to park them at my house. Because face it you can't get pictures if your camera is in your bag at your house. I know if I leave them out in the hills with it all locked up then I have done my part. If someone steals it then I know I did everything Ii could do yes I will get upset but I have more and next time will have a back up watching the first. Sorry to hear it was stolen.

If you leave your keys in your car while running into a circle k and someone steals your car, it is against the law. But, it is still stupid to leave your keys in the car unlocked. :rolleyes:

I am on both sides of this topic. I believe if it is not your, then do not take it. However, lots of people leave blinds on a tank for weeks on in to CLAIM that hole as theirs. Public land is first come first serve, and most people do not believe in this. They think if they scout it and put up a blind or stand, that tank should be theirs. There is most likely someone else who saw that hole and has the same plans as you do. Still no justification for stealing a bilnd. I hope this thief gets what he deserves, however I would never leave a pop up blind out for a period of time. It's like leaving your garage open when you go to work. The people who see this and think it is a good idea to steal all your sh#@ are the same scumbags that steal blinds and stands. Moral of the story don't leave your garage open, because there is always a scumbag who needs your stuff more than you do.

Yep, I understand that by leaving it out it was an easy target for theft but at the same time I didn't feel that one day was to long especially in the area it was in. There is a treestand in the same area directly off the road that has been there for over 7 months so using the same logic as elkaholic that should of been hauled off long ago right?

Elkaholic, I'm not really sure why you feel that you need to pipe in with a smarta** comment on my last two posts but thanks for your input hopefully we don't ever meet!

even if caught thieves are not punished, just a slap on the wrist at most. My Dad and Grandad always said "locks keep honest people honest, a thief will get what he wants". As a result I assume everyone is a thief until proven otherwise.

I will build up a "poor" brush blind, then when I want to hunt it I string camo burlap in the front and back and sit in a ghillie suit. When I leave I take the burlap with me. So far I haven't had anyone improve my blinds to the point they are huntable without the burlap and putting the brush up early allows the game time to get used to it. The one time I built a real good blind people were lined up to hunt out of it to the point I left the area.

Compare the cost of a good ground blind to a good ghillie and they are about the same, then a couple of 4'x12' strips of burlap and you are set.

If G&F were the culprits on this one, I believe that there is a period of time before property to be considered abandoned, and I don't think one day satisfies that in this case. Sorry about your blind bro.

I leave mine up while hunting from it, but when I go home it goes with me!

didn't someone just get their trailer stolen from their truck while they were quail hunting?

Soon there will be a crime of passion! :blink: and the thief will deserve every bit of it!

sorry they stole your blind! unfortunately thieves are in every part of the world. B)

james

MY ATTITUDE

I've never touch a camera- blind etc.- never will-

just we've seen so many post on stuff stolen blinds/camers etc. - my pop-up comment meant if its yours -you can just as easy to take with you when you leave

we all know anything you leave has a good chance to be stolen -

we all know "sometimes" items are left kinda reserve a spot.

we also know a lot of property has been confiscated by fs personell

no -leaving it over night is not a big deal - justsaying the way things are - if you leave it -you kinda gota expect someone to take it -

my comments weren't meant to be personel-

so easy to take things out of context- but whatever

agin like i stated sorry your stuff was taken!