Sign in to follow this  
Kilimanjaro

Тянь-Шань скитания

A recent two week wandering in the midle of nowhere Kyrgyzstan, central Asia within the massive and beautiful Tian Shan (Celestial) mountain range.

A bone jarring 10 hour ride to the end of the earth.

123.jpg

Typical Kyrgyz homestead. Portable!

021.jpg

007.jpg

012.jpg

Mode of transportation

093.jpg

048.jpg

042.jpg

Easy, old boy, don't trip now!

097.jpg

Fly camp.

028.jpg

080.jpg

079.jpg

081.jpg

Past hunters

117.jpg

118.jpg

Plenty of four legged hunters in the area too.

106.jpg

112.jpg

077.jpg

After Richard's Marco Polo success, we enjoyed Argali oysters!

088.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

Wow! I was thinking of you when I watched an episode of "I Shouldn't Be Alive" last night. it was about some hunters in Kyrgyzstan that did a hunt like yours only their vehicle got stuck in a giant blizzard and they nearly froze to death in 40 below zero temps before a helicopter came in and rescued them. Funny thing is some guys on snowmobiles came to rescue them too and they said it was guys from American Border Patrol. The hunters opted to fly out in the helicopter rather than ride snowmobiles but the helicopter crashed and they had to get rescued again! I am glad your hunt wasn't so adventurous!

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures! I love seeing our members who get a chance to hunt exotic places. Congrats on your animals. I bet it was crazy cold there!

I've been waiting for this post since you first mentioned you were going after ibex . Fantastic! I hope there is a story to follow. Great photos and great animals! Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations again Scott on an incredible adventure. The pictures are awesome and really show just how remote you were. Thanks for taking the time to take and post them for all of us to share with you.

Wow, Crazy Cool!!!! What an experience! Love the pictures, congratulations on your success, (and on making it out alive) :)