congrats on such a beautiful ram and some great pictures!

better start saving your money. you have achieved the hardest part of the sheep slam. the rest just take a little money. you could do it though. if you saved $100 a month you could add a sheep every 10 years to your slam quest and have all 4 by the time you are 45. with a little luck (AZ or NM rocky mtn draw) even sooner (maybe 35 or 40).

thanks for sharing.

Awesome job

Congratulations, Troy! It was great to spend time out on the hunt with you and your family. To get such a beautiful ram was icing on the cake.

Phil

Troy, congrats on a great hunt :) Be glad you got the permit when you are young enough to climb those mountains ;) . I am sure that you know the treasured value of your sheep hunt as you have been hunting with desire in your years.

Doug

When Troy drew the tag, I completely freaked out. My son has a sheep tag, I am completely clueless about how to hunt sheep, and I'm way too cheap to hire a guide. That's when Matthew and Ernesto came to the rescue. They spent countless hours scouting for us and teaching us for the hunt. When the season opened, along with Matthew and Ernesto, there was a complete herd of friends there to help glass and make the hunt a success! It was a blast meet everyone of you.

For me, the most enjoyable part of the hunt was teaching Troy about ballistics and long range shooting over the last several months. Since he started bow hunting when he was 11, we really have not done any shooting except plinking. Because of the tag, we spent many hours shooting out to 500 yards.

Thank you all for making my son's hunt a success. A special thanks to Dee-Dee, Matthew's wife, who gave up many hours of Matthew's time so he could spend time with us.

Mark

• Like 2

Great shooting and congratulations on your sheep! What better way to spend time with family and friends both new and old. Well done Troy!

Great job. I thought the tag was signed over to you until I read the last post.Wow 15 and got drwan for sheep. Too bad you can't buy lottery tickets yet :).