Sign in to follow this  
ibowhuntaz

Longbow Javalina

I was fortunate enough to take this Javalina last Thursday with a longbow. This was a cumulation of the last 3 seasons of trying to take one by traditional methods. This pig was taken with a 60lb Bear Montana longbow and Beman MFX arrows with a 200 grain Muzzy Phantom broadhead. The shot was apx 18 yards entrance was just behind the left shoulder and exited on the right shoulder, being a complete pass through. The pig ran about 35-40 yards after the shot and expired. Thanks for looking.

Ron

post-1333-0-82211300-1326046556_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Now this is definitely an accomplishment worth mentioning. Congratulations! This is something I've always wanted to do. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Very cool. How many missed shots in the past three years?

I was wondering the same thing, I like when people talk about how much time and effort they have put in before being successful with primitive equipment or even standard equipment. Sometimes I think non-hunters really get the wrong idea about hunting. They think you just go out once and it's all over. Sometimes it works out that way, but for the majority of people there is a lot more to it.

Way to go Ron!! Time to bust a deer with the good old stick and string!!!

Congrats again buddy! Thanks for the play by play during your hunt. Felt like I was right there with you. Wish I could have been there to film it. Next time! Congrats again on a true accomplishment you should be very proud of!

-Tracy

I'm putt'n the compound down for a change and taking my longbow this year on my Javie hunt in NM. I figure if I run out of arrows, I can reach out and hit him on the nose with it anyway! Nice pig and well deserved!