Thank you for the reply.

Visiting the ADA website i have a couple of questions.

1. Can you clarify what the 60k spent on the north kaibab mule deer study entailed?

2. When enhancing a catchment, what are the usual costs? (materials used, labor costs, etc)

Thanks,

Jason

For the Kaibab I think you are referring to the FY 09 expenditures only and I would have to find out more details on what that money was spent on that particular year. This Kaibab work has been ongoing for about 9-10 years now. And you can get a good history of what we have been doing on that project over time by reading the articles I posted a link to in my prior post.

Water catchments come in all kinds of designs and costs vary. If you want to learn more about these kinds of projects and the costs and funding of them, you might want to learn more about the Habitat Partnership committee which reviews all the project proposals and their associated costs. AGFD actually has those project proposals online for 2011 (this is new and I think very cool). So you can take a look at those projects and get an idea for labor and materials and such for all kinds of habitat projects.

http://www.azgfd.gov/w_c/hpc.shtml

If you are really interested in learning more about the costs/benefits of these projects and having a say in which habitat projects get funded, I recommend you get on involved with the HPC committee. You can serve on local habitat partnership committees so that the money is best spent on local wildlife issues.

in all honesty, i think there are too dang many groups. they all have similar, but uniquely different agendas and they all seem to contradict and fight with each other for control and authority. be best to tell em all to take a hike and have one big strong outfit to take care of sportsmen concerns. not just hunting and fishing, everything. hiking, trail ridiing, camping, birdwatching, everything. take a good look at the list red rabbit put up. we almost had that here, only worse. Lark.

Thank you for the reply.

Visiting the ADA website i have a couple of questions.

1. Can you clarify what the 60k spent on the north kaibab mule deer study entailed?

2. When enhancing a catchment, what are the usual costs? (materials used, labor costs, etc)

Thanks,

Jason

The Arizona Game & Fish Department has a listing of all of the monies that are spent. A catchment that we put in last year outside of Payson has a price tag of $40,000.00. That includes the materials, the development, the crew and all the volunteer labor that helped put it in. The azdeer.org has a story on the catchment and photos. Catchment replacements are different that scraping a water hole or doing modifications to valves etc.. The AZGFD has a listing of all the proposed projects that the ADA board will be evaluating in the next two weeks. It would probably reduce the traffic flow here substantially if everyone would read all the whitetail/coues projects that we will be looking at. I know it takes at least 10 hours to read through them and I know what to look for after 10 years of doing it. The committee will then meet and prioritize the projects. Only 20-30 % of the proposals are funded because we simply do not have nearly enough money to pay for all of them. BPJ

That letter sounds like someone from SFW wrote it and gave it to him to sign and distribute.

Grow a pair Mr Weiers and tell SFW to cram it. They are going to lead you right to the unemployment line.

hey pbj, here's some sage advice for ya. when ya hit rock bottom, quit diggin'. i don't think you or your cronies have credibility with enough folks to get an antlered javelina auction tag. just let folks think you're dumb and quit provin' it. it was a scam and you lost. at least this round. and if you try it again, in an even sneakier way, which you will have to do in order for success, you'll pay a much heavier price than folks just disliking you. Lark.

So is the ADA going to take stance on this bill? They are either for it or against it. And is the ADA going to keep bowing down to AZSFW and paying them dues?

If we want to cut AZSFW out, we need to cut their cash flow, starting with all of the groups that are members of AZSFW...

So let's get board members of all the wildlife groups to come on here and let us know where their group stands on this.

So is the ADA going to take stance on this bill? They are either for it or against it. And is the ADA going to keep bowing down to AZSFW and paying them dues?

If we want to cut AZSFW out, we need to cut their cash flow, starting with all of the groups that are members of AZSFW...

So let's get board members of all the wildlife groups to come on here and let us know where their group stands on this.

The ADA has not taken a stance on the bill. We were given a preliminary overview of what the bill was and what it would accomplish. The board asked for more information and the "devil in the details". Since we did not see the bill prior to the dropping in the state legislature and since there was a response that mandated not moving it forward, there will be no vote on an item that is moot. As far as membership, the ADA is not a member of the AZSFW. We are however a member of the AZSFWC. The purpose of the "C" is to have a forum for sportsmen, meet monthly to discuss items of interest, meet with the AZGFD (They come every month and brief us on what is current) and then review proposals for the spending of the wildlife plate monies. The ADA, the AES, the AAF and the ADBSS have in the past funded the lobbyist efforts of Capitol Consulting (Suzanne Gilstrap). That process will be up for review, pending any decisions as to the future of the AZSFW. Please feel free to ask any more questions.

hey pbj, here's some sage advice for ya. when ya hit rock bottom, quit diggin'. i don't think you or your cronies have credibility with enough folks to get an antlered javelina auction tag. just let folks think you're dumb and quit provin' it. it was a scam and you lost. at least this round. and if you try it again, in an even sneakier way, which you will have to do in order for success, you'll pay a much heavier price than folks just disliking you. Lark.

Could you please define what you meant by "heavier price"? I am somewhat unsure what all the new rhetoric is about since the bill was pulled...BPJ

How much money do they think they will raise directly from the sale of the tags??

Jason

There has been speculation about what kind of money would be raised from auctioning the tags. No one will ever know, since it will never become a reality.

So the ADA will not come out against the bill, They pay dues to AZSFW which helps support Suzane lobbying this bill, and ADA board member is on this site arguing for the bill and for the AZSFW...

So stop the dancing, the ADA supports the bill and AZSFW's tag grab.

Thanks for clarifying that PBJ.

post-565-0-90399400-1326928137_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So the ADA will not come out against the bill, They pay dues to AZSFW which helps support Suzane lobbying this bill, and ADA board member is on this site arguing for the bill and for the AZSFW...

There can be no way that the ADA will support the bill. It is history, so we move on. We pay dues to the AZSFWC... a different organization totally. As a group of board members, there is no way that I can speak for them. Amanda is on the board and she has tried to tell everyone that we did not see the bill, therefore there was no vote. I am in no way arguing for the bill, merely trying to correct inaccuracies, and support the past work of Representative Weiers. Most of you who are commenting have not ever gone down to the legislature to comment on anything, and most have not worked a banquet or project. Everyone is entitled to an opinion... and I have not expressed mine at all. Support of Rep Weiers is all I am attempting to accomplish. You are attempting to remove him from office based on the temerity that he had to sponsor the bill. I am attempting to support a legislator who I have fought with on numerous occasions, but also respect that he gathered a consensus and made things happen. The AZGFD thinks highly of him, and you want him removed. I want him to stay. That is the purpose of these sites... express yourself.

We pay dues to the AZSFWC... a different organization totally. As a group of board members, there is no way that I can speak for them.

would you please list the board/director members of azsfwc--

on the 09 tax returns it shows 5 of the board members of azfwc are also board/director members of azsfw.

unless people and titles have changed the majority hold positions on both boards