Forget the wolf crap... forget the anti fearmongering...

2008, Nappy's commission and these same orgs were at the pinnacle of their animosity, they hated each other and we couldn't even go to a commission meeting as individual hunters without that animosity being directed at us. Yet we stood by the orgs and did everything they asked while they wailed and gnashed their teeth in frustration.

I was frustrated that we had no vote for who the commissioners were.

Obama did the one good thing for Az... took Nappy away and Brewer stepped in... what a breath of fresh air... 'She' saved us, not anyone else.

The same orgs wanted control of the commission, they enacted SB1200, trust them...

2012, these same orgs we have supported turned on us when they have the power and are making a tag grab... now the commission are the good guys and we need to support them.

I am getting sick of being caught in the middle with no voice either way.

Kent

mark. bool. you are a very good and trustworthy person in my book. thanks for the public clarity on 2072. I think this situation has allowed insight into how all wildlife orgs. can communicate via a website with their members. in the past many of us have used email as a method to reach groups quickly on issues that need immediate attention, so there is no reason Ada can't use cw or some other website to quickly relay info especially info that needs help like 2072. I challenge all responders to go to Ada or another conservation groups next meeting......allen taylor

• Like 1

wonder how this will affect anything/ copied from another site ::

Leonard Gary Stinson was referred to the full senate by a 3-2 vote of the Senate Natural Resources and Transportation Committee for a confirmation vote to the Game & Fish Appointment Recommendation Board. His role on this board would be to select future candidates for consideration to appointment to the Game & Fish Commission. In his testimony before the committee, Mr. Stinson expressed his pride in working with and lobbying for Defenders of Wildlife, working with the Sierra Club and Sportsmen For Wildlife (yes that SFW). He stated his position in assuring "diversity" in the make up of the commission so all interests can be represented. He is the only candidate that applied for the position.

I know nothing of Mr. Stinson but I can draw some conclusions based on his affiliations as to what direction he would like to see in the actions of the Game & Fish Commission. I'm not interested in the introduction of wolves as planned in the Grand Canyon Wolf Recovery Project or the allocation of tags to SFW for any purpose. It is my opinion his appointment to the Board will be to the detriment of wildlife and the hunting heritage in the state of Arizona::

nice to know a little about the people who get to recommend the members of our commission named on the board of azsfwc

In his testimony before the committee, Mr. Stinson expressed his pride in working with and lobbying for Defenders of Wildlife, working with the Sierra Club and Sportsmen For Wildlife (yes that SFW). He stated his position in assuring "diversity" in the make up of the commission so all interests can be represented. He is the only candidate that applied for the position.

-----------------------------------------------

Mr Stinson is on the list I saw of sitting members, along with two ex G&F commissioners that served together, one being a board member of AZSFW.

Anyone getting an itch yet?

SFW controls a super PAC... this is an election year...

When was the last sub'organization's dues paid to AZSFW? How much does SFW have and how much do you have left?

Who controls the lobby? Who has the ear of legislators?

Why has SFW isolated themselves, even before this legislation was leaked? Why haven't they come out and tried to put out fires and at least justify this move to save face and support?

Is it because they are embarrassed, afraid... or is it that they put themselves in such a powerful position and timetable, they don't care what the orgs, G&F, average hunter think. Could we have been put on ignore as they forge ahead?

Be afeared...

Kent

I watched the commission meeting on the internet yesterday.

Mr Stinson spoke on behalf of AZSFWC at the commission meeting. He wanted them to keep the agreement

in place that the commission uses to give AZSFWC money under. So I guess some of the commissioners that his "commissioner appointment board" gave the

nod too now understand how they are supposed to vote.... How do you pick commissioners and then ask them for money for your club??

AZSFWC's current president did not seem to know that Suzzane Gilstrap was their "Executive Director"

So I guess "diversity" is alive and well!

Mansell, Freeman and 3 former commissioners all spoke about terminating the agreement.

Gilstrap stood up and thanked them for the "vote of confidence"

It was a weird meeting that I did not completely understand.

17-202. Arizona game and fish commission appointment recommendation board

A. The Arizona game and fish commission appointment recommendation board is established consisting of members appointed by the governor pursuant to this section and section 38-211. The board shall consist of one person who has been a resident of this state for at least five years from each of the following qualifying groups:

1. One member designated by the board of directors of an organization that is qualified pursuant to section 501©(3) or 501©(4) of the internal revenue code, whose membership consists of a significant cross-section of wildlife conservation and sportsmen organizations from throughout the state, that does not have an affiliation or charter with a national wildlife conservation or sportsman's organization and that has been in existence for at least five years.

2. One member designated by the board of directors of an organization that is qualified pursuant to section 501©(3) or 501©(4) of the internal revenue code whose articles of incorporation or bylaws stipulate that the mission or purpose of the organization is to increase, sustain or otherwise conserve wild turkey, deer, elk, pronghorn (antelope), bighorn sheep, ducks, quail or fish and that has been in existence for at least five years.

3. One member designated by the board of directors of an organization that is qualified pursuant to section 501©(3) or 501©(4) of the internal revenue code whose articles of incorporation or bylaws define it as a sportsman's organization whose membership is primarily confined to a specific geographic area or region of the state or an organization described in paragraph 2 of this subsection or is a chapter or affiliate of a national sportsman's conservation or shooting organization and that has been in existence for at least five years.

4. One member designated by the board of directors of an organization that is qualified pursuant to section 501©(3) or 501©(4) of the internal revenue code that is statewide, whose membership is comprised of cattlemen or ranchers and that has been in existence for at least five years.

5. One member of the general public or one member of a nongame organization that is qualified pursuant to section 501©(3) or 501©(4) of the internal revenue code.

------------------------------

So if....

1. Gilstrap-AZSFW

5. Stinson-defenders of wildlife

Who represents 2/3/4 and what are their qualifying organizations? Phillip Townsend, Susan Chilton, Donald Johnson.

Which one of these represents me, an unaffiliated citizen?... so I may contact them and have my voice represented.

Kent

Oh, OK.... I see it now, my representative is #5, Stinson...

5. One member of the general public or one member of a nongame organization that is qualified pursuant to section 501©(3) or 501©(4) of the internal revenue code.

The general public (including hunting) and the anti's all lumped together... fence in all those meaners and haters...

Glad I know what category I've been relegated to...

Kent

2. One member designated by the board of directors of an organization that is qualified pursuant to section 501©(3) or 501©(4) of the internal revenue code whose articles of incorporation or bylaws stipulate that the mission or purpose of the organization is to increase, sustain or otherwise conserve wild turkey, deer, elk, pronghorn (antelope), bighorn sheep, ducks, quail or fish and that has been in existence for at least five years.

i think they really didnt like this idea so they just changed it to

H2360: GAME & FISH APPOINTMENT BOARD

Modifies the qualifications for the member of the Game and Fish Appointment Recommendation Board that formerly was required to be designated by an organization whose mission is the conservation of a long list of wildlife and fish to someone designated by an organization whose mission is to conserve only one of the named species of wildlife or fish.

First sponsor: Rep. Jerry Weiers

I watched the commission meeting on the internet yesterday.

Mr Stinson spoke on behalf of AZSFWC at the commission meeting. He wanted them to keep the agreement

in place that the commission uses to give AZSFWC money under. So I guess some of the commissioners that his "commissioner appointment board" gave the

nod too now understand how they are supposed to vote.... How do you pick commissioners and then ask them for money for your club??

AZSFWC's current president did not seem to know that Suzzane Gilstrap was their "Executive Director"

So I guess "diversity" is alive and well!

Mansell, Freeman and 3 former commissioners all spoke about terminating the agreement.

Gilstrap stood up and thanked them for the "vote of confidence"

It was a weird meeting that I did not completely understand.

Thank you for the update, I didn't get home in time to view the meeting or can find anything about what happened.

Looks as AZSFW is willing to come out of hiding to lobby for funds. They don't seemed to worried or distressed over public opinion.

Kent

AZSFWC Board of Directors:

President/Chairman - Jim Unmacht

Secretary/Treasurer - Alan Hamberlin

Director - Eddy Corona

Director - Joe Del Re

Director - Floyd Green

Director - Charlie Kelly

Director - John Koleszar

Director - Jerry Nelson

Director - Mark Nuessle

Director - Art Pearce

Director - Brian Pinney

Director - Shane Stewart

Director - Gary Stinson

Director - Robert Thomas

Lobby for Defenders of wildlife, works with Sierra Club and....

What a tangled web we weave.

Tell me again why I'm supposed to support this BS...

Kent

I wrote Brewer on this mess and asked her to become aware of SFW and the recent bill as well as the infiltration of the commission by SFW. Keep writing to expose the political influence and their agenda. Gilstraps are bad for Arizona and so is SFW.

• Like 1

goo h e l l!!! this bull$h!t just gets deeper. i dare pbj to say anything about a conspiracy theory again. it's just a conspiracy pure and simple. looks to me like the sfw needs to be run outta this state on a rail, after the tar and feathers. too many tentacles. too much hidden stuff. and every outfit that is in with em needs to cut ties and do it publicly and with some fanfare so folks will know they did, or they need a rail and some tar and feathers too. there was definitely a bullet headed right at us and for now we dodged it, but i think these guys will try it again, if they aren't already. Lark.

I wrote Brewer on this mess and asked her to become aware of SFW and the recent bill as well as the infiltration of the commission by SFW. Keep writing to expose the political influence and their agenda. Gilstraps are bad for Arizona and so is SFW.

Hi ringer, Sorry to burst your bubble, but the current AZ Game & Fish Commission has no one that is on the SFW, no connection to the SFW and yesterday voted 5-0 to continue working with a valued partner, the AZSFWC..... The AZSFW apologized for their actions and pointed out that the two groups are a distinct and separate entity. Because the commission and the department has worked long and fruitfully w/ the AZSFWC, they were inclined to continue the MOU. The patterns that caused the rift however had better not appear again. The AZSFWC was grateful for the support and pledged a candid and open dialogue for the future. Not much more that anyone could ask for. Regards, J

"Mr. Stinson expressed his pride in working with and lobbying for Defenders of Wildlife, working with the Sierra Club"

Would this be like asking an atheist to help choose your next Pastor?