So the ADA will not come out against the bill, They pay dues to AZSFW which helps support Suzane lobbying this bill, and ADA board member is on this site arguing for the bill and for the AZSFW...

So stop the dancing, the ADA supports the bill and AZSFW's tag grab.

Thanks for clarifying that PBJ.

post-565-0-90399400-1326928137_thumb.jpg

We pay dues to the AZSFWC... a different organization totally. As a group of board members, there is no way that I can speak for them.

would you please list the board/director members of azsfwc--

on the 09 tax returns it shows 5 of the board members of azfwc are also board/director members of azsfw.

unless people and titles have changed the majority hold positions on both boards

The AZSFWC merged last year with the WCC, I will attempt to get a listing of the board members for you.

just so we all know - i had to look it up

The Wildlife Conservation Council (WCC), previously a separate C-3 organization, merged with AZSFWC in 2010 and is now a standing committee of AZSFWC known as the Wildlife Conservation Council Committee. The WCC serves as an umbrella organization for other wildlife and sportsmen's organizations to communicate and work together collaboratively on important issues..

the who's who of who's doing what to help whom

So the ADA will not come out against the bill, They pay dues to AZSFW which helps support Suzane lobbying this bill, and ADA board member is on this site arguing for the bill and for the AZSFW...

So stop the dancing, the ADA supports the bill and AZSFW's tag grab.

Thanks for clarifying that PBJ.

post-565-0-90399400-1326928137_thumb.jpg

There can be no way that the ADA will support the bill. It is history, so we move on. We pay dues to the AZSFWC... a different organization totally. As a group of board members, there is no way that I can speak for them. Amanda is on the board and she has tried to tell everyone that we did not see the bill, therefore there was no vote. I am in no way arguing for the bill, merely trying to correct inaccuracies, and support the past work of Representative Weiers. Most of you who are commenting have not ever gone down to the legislature to comment on anything, and most have not worked a banquet or project. Everyone is entitled to an opinion... and I have not expressed mine at all. Support of Rep Weiers is all I am attempting to accomplish. You are attempting to remove him from office based on the temerity that he had to sponsor the bill. I am attempting to support a legislator who I have fought with on numerous occasions, but also respect that he gathered a consensus and made things happen. The AZGFD thinks highly of him, and you want him removed. I want him to stay. That is the purpose of these sites... express yourself.

First I was to ignorant to understand how this scheme would help wildlife, now you question what I have done, ie; volunteering for projects, going to the legislature, going to G&F meetings or helping with banquets??? You really want to go there? SERIOUSLY???

• Like 2

don't ever argue with crazy people. it's a waste o' time.

remember the movie lonesome dove? gus and woodrow hung their ol' buddy jake. jake asked them why and gus said "you crossed the line jake". there is a line, and once you cross it, there is no coming back and no amount of good you did, before or after crossing the line. will make up for it. i'm thinking rep weirs has crossed the line. his condescending memo shows he has a lotta disdain and contempt for the folks that have supported him. at least with votes. it's apparant he will walk right over sportsmen in order to please a group that says they represent sportsmen and their lobbyist. it will be interesting to see how the next election turns out. be even more interesting to see what other kinda tricks we see from the folks involved in this tag grab too. oh well, i think i'll go huntin', while i still can without havin' to bid on a tag. Lark.

• Like 1

BPJ says "There can be no way that the ADA will support the bill. It is history, so we move on. We pay dues to the AZSFWC... a different organization totally."

"As far as membership, the ADA is not a member of the AZSFW."

Well, ADA is listed as a Platinum member organization of AZSFW (Not referring to AZSFWC) which is a $10,000.

http://arizonasportsmenforwildlife.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=137&Itemid=81

From AZSFW web site,

"For an organization that wants to be involved and may be eligible to have a representative serve on Board of Directors. Listed on Web site with link to organization website, eligible to make recommendations for annual agendas plus other benefits...

Platinum Level $10,000"

From the AZSFW membership page,

Arizona Deer Association (Platinum)

• Like 1

So is the ADA going to take stance on this bill? They are either for it or against it. And is the ADA going to keep bowing down to AZSFW and paying them dues?

If we want to cut AZSFW out, we need to cut their cash flow, starting with all of the groups that are members of AZSFW...

So let's get board members of all the wildlife groups to come on here and let us know where their group stands on this.

The ADA has not taken a stance on the bill. We were given a preliminary overview of what the bill was and what it would accomplish. The board asked for more information and the "devil in the details". Since we did not see the bill prior to the dropping in the state legislature and since there was a response that mandated not moving it forward, there will be no vote on an item that is moot. As far as membership, the ADA is not a member of the AZSFW. We are however a member of the AZSFWC. The purpose of the "C" is to have a forum for sportsmen, meet monthly to discuss items of interest, meet with the AZGFD (They come every month and brief us on what is current) and then review proposals for the spending of the wildlife plate monies. The ADA, the AES, the AAF and the ADBSS have in the past funded the lobbyist efforts of Capitol Consulting (Suzanne Gilstrap). That process will be up for review, pending any decisions as to the future of the AZSFW. Please feel free to ask any more questions.

When did ADA quit the AZSFW? It is listed as a Platinum member. See above post.

From the ADA website,

"Officers and Board of Directors - 2011

President - John Koleszar"

• Like 1

My question still is, if AZ Sportsmen for Wildlife group represents all the other groups in AZ, did these groups such as the ADA know about this bill beforehand? Maybe Amanda can shed some light on this. If the other groups did know about it why did know one speak up? If they did not know about it than my impression is that the AZ Sportsmen for Wildlife group are a self serving group, who think they are above everyone else and can try and do what ever they want. If this group puts on the outdoor expo, then I will not be attending.

The ADA board was given very little information and only briefed once shortly before the bill was dropped. I was attending that particular ADA board meeting by telephone and they actually didn't get the phone thing going until after the briefing about the bill so I missed hearing it directly. However, as I understand it, some of the concepts were presented and the board asked for more details and those were not provided prior to dropping the bill. The ADA board was not given time to review or comment on the bill. This bill did not receive the support of the ADA board. I believe the AZSFW group was trying to keep this very quiet in order to keep anti-hunting groups from gathering forces to fight it. It's extremely disappointing to me that AZSFW chose to keep the hunting community out of the process as well.

with regard to your question about the outdoor expo, the AZSFW has nothing to do with that. There are actually two large hunting/outdoor expos in AZ and one is the International Sportsmen's Expo (put on by the ISE) and the other is the AGFD expo.

Amanda,

Are minutes available from that ADA meeting? They would be very helpful in this discussion. A record of who gave the briefing and what it contained would be especially interesting. The last minutes on the ADA website are from July 2011.

• Like 1

bpj. john. does. Ada. support. azsfw through a 10% overide on all revenue. I. seem to remember some form of compensation sent by any conservation group that wants its membership covered by azsfw lobbying efforts. hopefully you can clarify....thanks.....allen

Dammit 40 Year AZ Hunter, dont bring the facts and truth into this discussion... you will really confuse PBJ...

• Like 1

Most of you who are commenting have not ever gone down to the legislature to comment on anything, and most have not worked a banquet or project.

Fail! now you're off the reservation... There is a reason I actually research my answers before I write them, being wrong never makes me look good.

Kent

The ADA board was given very little information and only briefed once shortly before the bill was dropped.

Sounds like the ADA got JACK SQUAT for their $10,000

In post 47 of this thread, BPJ says "There can be no way that the ADA will support the bill. It is history, so we move on. We pay dues to the AZSFWC... a different organization totally"

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30026&view=findpost&p=290385

In post 189 of the HB2072 thread Amanda says " The fundraising side group of AZSFW is the AZSFWC."

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29766&view=findpost&p=288877

Somehow this does not sound like a "different organization totally"!

• Like 1

The ADA board was given very little information and only briefed once shortly before the bill was dropped.

Sounds like the ADA got JACK SQUAT for their $10,000

Or maybe the ADA almost got exactly what it wanted?

• Like 3