So this is really dead? The press release says "in it's current form" does that mean we could see a revised attempt?

To his credit, I emailed Mr. Weiers and he called me within minutes. He stated that he does not want to divide hunters and that the bill is dead.

did we miss this one too- no limit on magizine capacity

http://www.azleg.gov...&Session_ID=107

Yup,

I think it was dropped last Monday (after the commissions last meeting).

YVRGC is aware of the magazine capacity bill HB 2457 and the Night Hunting bill HB 2539. I will personally oppose both. I still need to meet with our club before cmmenting.

It's kind of funny that I may choose to support at least one bill proposed by Rep. Patterson. For instance HB 2538 and HB 2539. I will do everything I can to kill HB 2540.

I encourage all who post here to learn how to use the legislature ALIS (Arizona Legislative Information System.

A "power point" presentation is under developement.

Watch here to learn about the gensis of SB 1200. You may find it intersting and rather long. Lots of info to get out.

George

• Like 1

YVRGC is aware of the magazine capacity bill HB 2457 and the Night Hunting bill HB 2539. I will personally oppose both. I still need to meet with our club before cmmenting.

It's kind of funny that I may choose to support at least one bill proposed by Rep. Patterson. For instance HB 2538 and HB 2539. I will do everything I can to kill HB 2540.

I encourage all who post here to learn how to use the legislature ALIS (Arizona Legislative Information System.

Watch here to learn about the gensis of SB 1200. You may find it intersting and rather long. Lots of info to get out.

George

Support of 2538 Would thrill the CBD, Sierra Club and Defenders of Wildlife. Go Ahead and destroy what took years to bring around. Painted into a bad corner on this one George.

George

Support of 2538 Would thrill the CBD, Sierra Club and Defenders of Wildlife. Go Ahead and destroy what took years to bring around. Painted into a bad corner on this one George.

Those orgs were against SB1200... as were Arizona Wildlife Federation and G&F... a pretty good cross section...

Kent

• Like 2

yep we are just seeing what yrs of work the sfw influence has really done - 2072 is a prime example of what they wanted to accomplish - it's easy to see this commission review board as a way of - eventually controling the G&F commisssion -

at least we see these orgs comin at us - not sneaking in behind us while they know we've finally been lulled into a state of trust .

• Like 1

George

Those orgs were against SB1200... as were Arizona Wildlife Federation and G&F... a pretty good cross section...

Kent

Just a point of reference. The AZGFD is not supposed to comment on political items. The commission can and does. The Nappy crew certainly did not want to have a review board. Changing the name to "Natural Resources..... pretty green to me. As someone here said... you lay down with dogs you come up with fleas. The AWF is a mixture of a few hunters, a load of retired government agency folks and ceratinly some w/ green leanings. There was a lot of discussion before they voted no... and look who supported the bill.... nuff said.

So another case of SFW knows best over the objections 'all' others... sounds familiar...

SB1200 is a disaster... isolating the power brokers from/and insulating the general public having any choice of who their representatives/policy makers are in a government agency.

That's worked so well with the DOJ, EPA, ATF, DEA, DHS, FS.... TSA with their hands in our panties...

SFW is using the Acorn and NAACP playbook...

Get you GD hands out of my panties!!!!!

Kent

• Like 2

BPJ we know your perspective - pull the cart while the rest must be cheering you on - you still seem to be standing alone

well JOHN - how does the ADA stand on any of these issues- since you are the president - we need to start knowing which views are yours and which are that of the ADA - so we dont get confused .

• Like 2

BPJ we know your perspective - pull the cart while the rest must be cheering you on - you still seem to be standing alone

well JOHN - how does the ADA stand on any of these issues- since you are the president - we need to start knowing which views are yours and which are that of the ADA - so we dont get confused .

JOHN when is the ADA gonna tell us where they stand on whats been happening here - guess the meeting was canceled when the bill was dropped - the issue still remains with support of azsfw- since they are a platnium contributor

• Like 2

That is right. When/where is the ADA meeting? How do you get a list of members, mr. President Bogus Points John?

• Like 3

I really DO hope that John or another representative comes on and gives an 'official' response in regards to the ADA board's stance on this topic. The annual ADA fund raising banquet is next month, and something like this might affect the overall attendance. That would be a shame because I know that historically, the ADA has done some pretty good things with the money raised through the banquet (water catchments, studies, youth camps, etc...).

I think it would be a good idea for an official comment so those that might attend the banquet know what the club's official stance is. Maybe an official comment on the ADA website, if not here?? I see that the banquet is listed on the website, so I'm assuming it's being kept up to date. An official comment on this topic could maybe get some credibility for the club.

S.

• Like 1

The ADA board has met, but only to go over the habitat project proposals. That group was not a majority of the board, only those on the HPC review process. We will be having a meeting in February and I will ask the board at that time if they would choose to comment on a moot issue. The ADA in the past did support the Commission review panel. We have no one on that panel and have not been involved with the process of evaluating the candidates. We knew that Bob Thomas and the current commissioner had their names submitted to the Governor and she made her choice. During the "Nappy" regime, the groups that comprised the bulk of the WCC were not given the names of the candidates. We requested who the candidates were on numerous occasions and were never given the names. Partisan politics was rampant during her time and that is the reason for the current review board. There will be a "D" as governor in the future and if that governor is anything like the past ones, hunters and fisherman will take a back seat to "natural resources".... such as Mexican gray wolves, spotted owls, Black footed ferrets etc. I have read a bunch of postings from Archery Crazy and it amazes me at some of the change in language that he has suddenly found. He is so much more eloquent than in his earlier postings. Hhhmmmmmmmm..By the way, since the review panel has come into existence, the number of candidates has grown dramatically. Probably because they know that it is not a "connected " deal.

i would also like to find out where the ADA stands on the issues dealing with their support - platnium status of funding for the AZSFW- because of the 2072 bill- do not forget talk about the bill for no limit on the capacity of magazines - as to how and why it was proposed and sponsored by weiers and most like ly came from the azsfw group - were in the loop on that one ?