coues7

New Legislation to allow Suppressor Hunting in AZ

a baby bottle nipple on the end of a scoped .22 works, used to shoot p-dogs in town that way a long time ago from a 2nd story window on the edge of town

a baby bottle nipple on the end of a scoped .22 works, used to shoot p-dogs in town that way a long time ago from a 2nd story window on the edge of town

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I want to get rid of my neighbors dogs that bark contunually all day and night, I just tape a plastic soda bottle over the end of the barrel. ;)

I could see the appeal of silencers at a shooting range. But if I am in the field, and people are firing high powered weapons, I want to be able to hear them. It would allow me to potentially get out of harms way if I know where the sound is coming from.

Having a suppressed versus unsuppressed firearms would not prevent you from "potentially get out of harms way if I know where the sound is coming from". Suppressors DO NOT SILENCE and the chances of someone hunting with subsonic ammo is very very slim. Every time a person hears a non-suppressed weapon and is not wearing hearing protection they are sustaining irreversible damage to their hearing. IRREVERSIBLE! In other words it's not coming back!

The state of Georgia is moving their SB301 forward. Way to go GA!

Nothing, absolutely nothing can silence a firearm. Even with a suppressor and subsonic ammo, at a bare minimum and the least you'll hear would be the sound of a paintball gun. Nothing is silenced.

The argument that use of suppressors during hunting will aid poachers is absolutely ridiculous. If you believe this, then I think we should require archery hunters to use an air horn right before they take a shot.

If I could afford a suppressor, the lawyer to set up a trust, and the seven months waiting on the ATF, I would have one for my ARs and one for my bolt gun. Ever had a stalk or hunt ruined by gunfire? I have.

hank you to Governor Brewer for signing HB 2728 into law and to the legislators who voted for its passage. Thank you also to the NRA members who contacted their state Senators and Representatives.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to hunt suppressed, although not sure I will use one while big game hunting. Primarily due to the extra 10 or 12" a can will add to the length. I mainly see this as a benefit to the varmint and predator hunting crowd, as shooting prairie dogs is fun, shooting them suppressed is awesome.

To comment on some of the previous posts;

A class III license is not required to own a suppressor, you purchase class III items from a SOT/class III dealer, and after you complete the paperwork, include a $200 check payable to BATFE and wait 3 to 6+ months, you receive a FORM 4 (actually the form 4 is sent to the dealer) which allows you then to pick up the class III item from the dealer.

A quality suppressor can be purchased for $500, up to $1200-$1500 depending on what you want. I have a Titanium 30 caliber can that works on every rifle caliber up to 300 magnums, I use it on my 17 Ackley Hornet, 223s etc.. So you could essentially have one "can" to handle all or most of your needs. If you want to shoot rimfire ammo, you need to purchase a rf can as they tend to get dirty. Some are solid and other makes allow you to disassemble them for cleaning.

There are several methods in which you can purchase a Class III item, someone said "Trust", this is the most popular way. Many dealers will set up your Trust for free when you make the purchase, it only takes a few minutes, this is however a very basic trust in which you can add future purchases to and may not give you many options. The are other types of Trusts available, an attorney can set up other Trusts which would allow the Class III item to be automatically transferred to a beneficiary, whereas the basic will not (from my understanding)No finger print card needed, NO LEO paperwork- do your research.

Next, you can purchase the item by means of personal application, this requires LEO approval, finger print cards and adds a couple weeks to the process, items cannot be transferred without going through the whole sales and approval process again.

Lastly, a Corporation can take title of the Form 4, much like the Trust, it has similar application process, no finger print cards or LEO approval. The item stays with the Corp. for ever or until transferred to another Form 3 or 4. I'm not 100% sure on legalities of Corporation as far as use by Corp members, best to seek legal counsel if considering this route.

Obviously, if you are considering a purchase, do your research and find the best method that meets your criteria. I'm sure I passed over some vital info and maybe some of the info I have is lacking. Regardless, the process is pretty straight forward and painless, other than the wait.

Yes, suppressors do not silence, they only reduce the sound, typically somewhere around 30-35db reduction. Shooting subsonic gives incredible results, albeit a rainbow trajectory and not a realistic option for hunting big game, although a viable option for predator hunting where shots are within 100 yards.

Surpressors for hunting will good for young hunters. Surpressors reduce recoil as well as sound. Most surpressors will increase accuracy and help stabilize bullets. There is a lot of myths about surpressors, while they are not for everyone the do have there place.

Suppressor will be legal for hunting in Arizona 91 days after the close of the Arizona session for our legislature. To my knowledge, that occured on May the 3rd. That means August 3rd you can start using your legally purchased suppressor to harvest any legal game animal in the state of Arizona!!! Protect your ears boys and girls! Start using those suppressor for hunting

Greg said it best.

When you hear suppresor think BIG RECOIL. REDUCER

more d