archerycrazy

Where do we go from here?

I have been to many Mule deer Association meetings. They then Changed there name to ADA. There are a few good people that have the best interest for all sportsmen in mind. I quit going because there was a private agenda. And from what I have seen over the last month it still exist.

Chef I love your thoughts and ideas, but I have to say I truly did try at one time and was shut down and excluded from the ADA.

Also did any of you go to the last G&F meeting and hear Gilstraps closing comments to the public? If so, I doubt anyone of you would want anything to do with a lobbyist who would make these comments in a public setting.

• Like 1

Chef,

You've got to be kidding us. Do you actually expect those of us on this forum to drive to Phoenix at $3.45 a gallon in order to get an answer to a simple question. RunningBird asked "Who provided the preliminary briefing". A pretty simple question, unless there is something to hide.

If I got 200 mpg, I might consider it, but for the hours on the road. What precentage of your membership actually shows up for your meetings? How far do they travel? All I can say now is, answer the question.

It now appears that ADA is in trouble due to the support of it's leadership for HB 2072 the Weiers memo and a misguided attempt at damage control. If a mistake was made it's best to admit it and work from there.

Does the majority of the ADA membership support the efforts of the leadership?

The transparency that you claim is obvious at ADA meetings sure hasn't appeared on this forum.

George

George,

No, I am not kidding when I ask people to attend the meetings. To answer your first question, I don't expect anyone to do anything. I do understand the price of fuel and the sacrifices that people make for volunteer work. I have been away (out of the country) and am too very curious as to what the ADA's stance is on this very issue. I will try and make it and am simply urging others to do the same.

As of right now, I can feel comfortable saying that a VERY LOW percentage of members (other than board members) attend these meetings. I have been invited and was curious to what everything was about so I went to a few. It was a very eye opening experience for me actually and was surprised at how a current financial P&L statement was handed out. They were also very interested in what I had to say and thanked me for attending. I can tell you this, the board is tired and it is a very thankless job.

I know several members of the board have to travel into Phoenix to attend. They had talks about having the meetings at different locations since board members live on opposite sides of the valley too. That's about as far as I can answer that question because I don't know exact distances.

I have made several phone calls this afternoon to get up to date on all the goings on. From this bill to how the orgs feel about it and everything in between. I prefer to talk face to face and things always seem to stay more civilized when doing so. That's why I feel I should attend.

I haven't seen any "real" damage control attempts from anyone yet and am also curious at to what the direction is that many will take.

To answer your question as to how the majority of members feel in regards to the efforts of their leadership, I would be guessing if I answered that. I can, however, tell you how I feel. I feel that trust has been lost somewhat. Communication has suffered and because this bill came out of no where, I feel that someone, somewhere, may have been trying to pull something off. I don't know the facts, so I leave it at that, but I will find out.

The transparency you so want to see here will not happen now. Even I can tell you that. It isn't anyone's obligation to come here and try to answer questions when they are being bombarded with insults and threats. I'm sure this will all be discussed at the meeting next week though.

Thank You for replying and giving me the opportunity to explain my initial post.

• Like 2

Chef,

I'd like to consider attending the next meeting. I looked at the ADA web site and see that they are held on the third Tuesday of every month but no place is given. You seem to indicate the meeting is next week which would not be the 3rd Tuesday. The "Calendar of Events" does not list any future meetings. I'm not a member of ADA, but would like to consider attending. Could you or someone post the time and place of the next meeting?

Thanks,

Bruce

• Like 1

chef, we have been playing phone tag. I know it would really help AZ deer association if they posted a position statement here on cw. I have followed this since it all blew up and bonus point john has as well. I don't know for sure why a formal rebut.al hasn't been posted or emailed out yet but that is a great question for the board. another question should be about emailing all members when signific,ant issues come up like this bogus bill. I got an email today about wolves, but nothing a few weeks back regarding bill 2072. in today's technological age, there are many ways to keep members informed via emails, texts, websites etc....all the org need to do this to remove the feelings of exclusion and hidden agendas.....allen Taylor.....

• Like 1

I could not agree more Allen! I think we all want an organization that we can trust and count on. Has well as one that open to our comments and concerns and does not turn and run.

Chef,

You've got to be kidding us. Do you actually expect those of us on this forum to drive to Phoenix at $3.45 a gallon in order to get an answer to a simple question. RunningBird asked "Who provided the preliminary briefing". A pretty simple question, unless there is something to hide.

If I got 200 mpg, I might consider it, but for the hours on the road. What precentage of your membership actually shows up for your meetings? How far do they travel? All I can say now is, answer the question.

It now appears that ADA is in trouble due to the support of it's leadership for HB 2072 the Weiers memo and a misguided attempt at damage control. If a mistake was made it's best to admit it and work from there.

Does the majority of the ADA membership support the efforts of the leadership?

The transparency that you claim is obvious at ADA meetings sure hasn't appeared on this forum.

George

George,

No, I am not kidding when I ask people to attend the meetings. To answer your first question, I don't expect anyone to do anything. I do understand the price of fuel and the sacrifices that people make for volunteer work. I have been away (out of the country) and am too very curious as to what the ADA's stance is on this very issue. I will try and make it and am simply urging others to do the same.

As of right now, I can feel comfortable saying that a VERY LOW percentage of members (other than board members) attend these meetings. I have been invited and was curious to what everything was about so I went to a few. It was a very eye opening experience for me actually and was surprised at how a current financial P&L statement was handed out. They were also very interested in what I had to say and thanked me for attending. I can tell you this, the board is tired and it is a very thankless job.

I know several members of the board have to travel into Phoenix to attend. They had talks about having the meetings at different locations since board members live on opposite sides of the valley too. That's about as far as I can answer that question because I don't know exact distances.

I have made several phone calls this afternoon to get up to date on all the goings on. From this bill to how the orgs feel about it and everything in between. I prefer to talk face to face and things always seem to stay more civilized when doing so. That's why I feel I should attend.

I haven't seen any "real" damage control attempts from anyone yet and am also curious at to what the direction is that many will take.

To answer your question as to how the majority of members feel in regards to the efforts of their leadership, I would be guessing if I answered that. I can, however, tell you how I feel. I feel that trust has been lost somewhat. Communication has suffered and because this bill came out of no where, I feel that someone, somewhere, may have been trying to pull something off. I don't know the facts, so I leave it at that, but I will find out.

The transparency you so want to see here will not happen now. Even I can tell you that. It isn't anyone's obligation to come here and try to answer questions when they are being bombarded with insults and threats. I'm sure this will all be discussed at the meeting next week though.

Thank You for replying and giving me the opportunity to explain my initial post.

Chef,

Thank you for your response. I hope that you did not think that I was attacking You. I was simply pointing out that most on this forum are not in the Phoenox area and are required to travel many miles in order to attend any meeting in the metro area. Traveling from the Yuma area is expensive and I must see a real justification for the time and expense. The questions asked on this forum could have been answered on this forum. I took exception to your request that we travel to Phoenix to get those questions answered.

I'm not going to spend four hours on the road, driving 200 plus miles and spending hundreds of dollars to get an answer that could have been provided in seconds on this forum.

BPJ knows the answer to the question. What is he hiding or who is he protecting?

and

AZSFW is dead they just haven't realized it yet. They corrupted our system to achieve a goal that was bad for Arizona hunters. If we need a lobbyist then the name cannot be Gilstrap. That dog won't hunt. Any organization that uses her will not get support from most of us. If we need a lobbyist then collect the strongest groups and approach G&F for a dedicated habitat stamp for $5 for every big game tag. If they can legally do that and focus the funds to an outside group that represents real Arizona hunters it could work. If not then find a credible lobbyist and get the amount needed and work with the Commission for a couple of raffle tags dedicated to a legal defense fund. There has to be a better way to get the needed job done without whoring out our state to SFW.

• Like 1

AZSFW claims 6000 members, are these individual members or the aggregate of the member organizations... so if you are a member of ADA you are therefore a counted member of AZSFW?

Best to know who claims you as one of them...

Kent

• Like 1

AZSFW claims 6000 members, are these individual members or the aggregate of the member organizations... so if you are a member of ADA you are therefore a counted member of AZSFW?

Best to know who claims you as one of them...

Kent

I sent an email to AZSFW weeks ago asking exactly that question and said I would post the answer in the HB2072 thread. I'm still waiting for an answer from them. It's only one of many legitimate questions nobody seems to answer.

I'm still hoping someone will tell us when the next ADA meeting is. They keep imploring us to attend. Please let us know when and where.

Bruce

I just found out that ADA usually does not have their monthly meeting during the banquet month, so since ADA has a banquet on Feb 25th, they did not schedule a regular monthly meeting. I wouldnt be surprised to find them schedule on next week though, due to all the people involved in this HB2072 input. Sure would be a good opportunity to get a few new people at the meetings, and maybe get new blood involved. I know Mark Bool wrote a response here on CW regarding ADA's position on HB2072. I believe it was on the other thread. I think ADA was just as surprised with the content of HB2072 as everyone else. It is a shame that the conservation groups placed their trust in a political action group and then got their trust broken...........Allen Taylor..........

well this is interesting - i just recieved this today ! what happened to dead and gone!?

Thank you for contacting me regarding HB2072, sale of big game tags. I appreciate your concern as a sportsman of Arizona and wanted to let you know that the bill is being held and will not go forward in its present form.

I wish you safe and successful hunting in the future.

God Bless,

JAMES P. WEIERS

Representative, District 10

Arizona House of Representatives

• Like 1

Sound like it is going forward, only under a different disguise. The silence from those Involved says a lot. No wonder pbj said he was done here. So do we get ready for round 2 now? Lark.

• Like 1