If I may sidetrack the discussion for a moment - I'd like to thank the Arizona Deer Association for their commitment to our deer herds and recent funding of projects though the HPC process this past month. I think at times we may loose sight of the mission of the ADA and what they are doing on the ground for habitat. I'd hate to see it go unnoticed and at minimum recognize the hard work that the volunteers and board have done in the name of conservation for the deer in our state.

From this deer hunter - Thank you!

cmc

• Like 1

If I may sidetrack the discussion for a moment - I'd like to thank the Arizona Deer Association for their commitment to our deer herds and recent funding of projects though the HPC process this past month. I think at times we may loose sight of the mission of the ADA and what they are doing on the ground for habitat. I'd hate to see it go unnoticed and at minimum recognize the hard work that the volunteers and board have done in the name of conservation for the deer in our state.

From this deer hunter - Thank you!

cmc

+1

I am pleased to report that a great deal of respect and control was shown on both sides. Some may have thought that a real donnybrock may occurr. Sorry guys it didn't happen. Just candid discussion among real sportsmen and women. I will not attempt to go into the details.

George

I want to thank those that donated to my CWT voice fund, it was a total of 180.00 to this site, thank you for trusting me.

George has the list but we exceeded the 15 at the early meeting, I think we were over 20, I counted 36 at the ADA meeting.

I will say there was not a person there that is not passionate about conservation and no one that I recognized from their CWT name and 'keyboarding' here, that have been active in these threads, were different in person. I have a lot of respect for you all.

Kent

First and foremost, I want to thank the ADA board members for allotting time for us to voice our concerns.

I thank them again for extending the time limit from one hour to practically two hours of discussion.

I hope they realize this was in their best interest and that we as sportsmen have serious concerns with the

implications that may result if they do not distance themselves from AZSFW.

Thank you to all those that attended and especially those that traveled long distances.

It is always good to put a face to a name and even better to see old friends again.

It was a pleasure to meet everyone face to face. I sincerely want ADA to survive for the benefit of AZ Wildlife. Alot of people said alot of things. I know that " The gathering" we had last night could be perceived as an ADA bashing but I hope everyone involved see's the "Big picture" and that last night wasnt a bashing, but rather an emotional appeal from alot of "silent majority" people who sincerely want what is good for wildlife. Hopefully ADA can see through the anger/frustration and identify what is needed to be done...................Allen Taylor.............

+1 on what everyone else said, the ADA deserves kudos for allowing enough time for good discussion. There appeared to be some good people on that board and I hope they make the right decision. I also thought it was weird that the AZSFW lobbyist was sitting up there with the ADA board but whatever, it was an ADA meeting and I was a guest so I will not speculate.

Just an observation - I noticed Amanda (coueswhitetail.com owner) looked really tired last night. All the passionate keyboardists from around the country should consider sending some support for her website, it was clear she is one of the good people and probably came close to personal burnout on this issue. Our group raised $180.00 but it would be nice if Amanda could be assured the financial part of her website is covered while she continues to be an honest broker for sportsman on both sides of the aisle. There is little doubt Amanda's website provides value to people outside the borders of Arizona (including all the bonus info about our cool little Arizona whitetail deer). If you care, let actions speak and send coueswhitetail.com a couple dollars. I am not affiliated with her website, I just think it is the right thing to do.

Ryan

Good to meet all of you last night. I think we said what had to be said and i know the majority of the ADA board agreed with us--i can only hope that they did the right thing after we left and came up with a decision....

Terry Herndon

Christine and I will be buying tickets for the banquet today. It would be great if any of you that we met last night could make it as well. It would be nice to sit at a table with friends.

Our reason for attending is to show some support. At this time I think it is important to do so. I'm not sure what their board officially decided after the meeting last night, but I do think most of the individuals on the board would favor pulling there support of the AZSFW. But has a group I would be surprised if they did so.

So at this point I am still going to try and show some support of the ADA.

Mark

+1 on what everyone else said, the ADA deserves kudos for allowing enough time for good discussion. There appeared to be some good people on that board and I hope they make the right decision. I also thought it was weird that the AZSFW lobbyist was sitting up there with the ADA board but whatever, it was an ADA meeting and I was a guest so I will not speculate.

Just an observation - I noticed Amanda (coueswhitetail.com owner) looked really tired last night. All the passionate keyboardists from around the country should consider sending some support for her website, it was clear she is one of the good people and probably came close to personal burnout on this issue. Our group raised $180.00 but it would be nice if Amanda could be assured the financial part of her website is covered while she continues to be an honest broker for sportsman on both sides of the aisle. There is little doubt Amanda's website provides value to people outside the borders of Arizona (including all the bonus info about our cool little Arizona whitetail deer). If you care, let actions speak and send coueswhitetail.com a couple dollars. I am not affiliated with her website, I just think it is the right thing to do.

Ryan

Ryan,

just to clarify, Suzanne Gilstrap was not at the meeting. Perhaps you are confusing our administrative assistant (Tracey Martin) with her? I think there were only two ladies up there with the board, me and Tracey. Suzanne actually requested that the board give her time to make a presentation at the meeting and we said no, this was for public input not for AZSFW to make their case.

Yes, this issue and all the yelling and such online has been very hard on me. I appreciate your plea for support and I appreciate that there are people that find this site so useful that they donate money to support it. Thank you. It has always been my hope that CouesWhitetail.com can help build a positive and productive hunting community that not only shares their hunt successes but also works for the good of wildlife in Arizona.

I will post the results of the meeting shortly.