On the ADA website, I see nothing after the meeting Tuesday. The only thing I see is a raquest to forward comments on HB 2072 to Amanda. That request is just a little bit outdted.

It appears that communciation with the membership of the ADA has been dropped in the lap of Amanda. Right about now, I think that she is overburdened.

John, as President should be capable of drafting a letter to the entire membership and have it sent to the entire membership of the ADA.

At this time I will give them a break. They are focused on their banquet tomorrow as they should be. Let's wait until next week to really expect anything.

George

Heck no never give the enemy an even break, kick them when they are down. You can bet your boots that they will.

A free ticket to ADA? I would not go if you paid me. Maybe if nobody showed then they would get it, but that is a big maybe. Of course that is just my opinion but I am right. :angry:

• Like 1

Now about HB2072, it was state quite a few times that there were more than enough votes to get that thing thru. Given that does anyone really think that we have heard the last of it? Right now there are rumors that Suzanne is working on it behind the scenes. If we don’t stay on top of this, it will get thru and it will get thru soon. I’m sure the backers of this bill do not want to have to start from scratch and drum up votes again.

Mark

This is the most important thing for AZ residents to be acting on right now. You must realize that you don't need to wait for a new bill to be introduced before you contact your representatives. You should all be contacting them early and often, and make it clear that it is the idea that you disagree with, not the particular bill. Contacting a representative one time is not good enough. They need to be reminded over and over where sportsmen stand on the issue. Remember that those who will try to push something like this through will claim a large membership is backing them. Therefore, you need to be larger!!

Pay attention to this post if you truley want to make a difference.

• Like 1

I went to the banquet last night, had a real nice time. This is the first time I had gone to a banquet and the amount of work that was put into it was obvious. I got a chance to talk to most of the board members and they were all running on no more that four hours of sleep. I would say that all of them are exhausted. So with that I think they should be given a bit of time to figure out what to do at this point.

There are a lot of unanswered questions about this whole deal. And I still think we should be asking all the organizations what's going on. Have any of you asked the other organization boards what they think?

I know the ABA is going to discuss it at Their next meeting. Hopefully they withdrawal from AZSFW as well.

• Like 1

I dont speak for the ABA... I was just relaying what was posted on another talk forum. I have posted it below:

"Sorry for the delay dont have the oppertunity to check in every day. The ABA was not consulted ahead of time on HB2072 and was just as surprised when it came out as was everyone else. The Bill was permanently pulled before the Board could arrange a meeting to discuss the issue and feels the Bill is no longer an imminent threat to the sportsman of Arizona. As for our continue support as a conservation partner with the AZSFW we will discuss this topic at our next regular scheduled Board meeting. For now we will continue to monitor and see what direction and actions the AZSFW takes going forward.

Thank you Mike Kentera Region Two Director "

• Like 1

I also heard a rumor, on another site, that the NWTF might also withdraw it's support of AZSFW... Anyone a member of NWTF hear anything on this? B)

• Like 1

Did the ADA poll their membership about HB2072 yet? I'm guessing its gonna be real tough to say the ADA supports AZSFW when 90% of their members oppose it. Maybe they are waiting to run the poll after it passes?

Maybe someone should start a poll here, I'd be curious to see what percentage is against this.

I am a life member and i have not been sent anything as of yet.I am still waiting to see the letter they said they were sending out also.

I learned yesterday that Coconino Sportemen have ended their affiliation with AZSFW, AZSFWC and WCC. Today, I learned that Hunt of a Lifetime has end their affiliation as well.

George