TwoGuns

amazing elk horns

went shed hunting today and got skunked, but did get to see about 50 elk, saw two spikes in velvet. it was a beautiful day and just enjoyed getting out with dad. since i dont have any of my own shed pics to post yet, here are two pics i found and thought i would post.

Pierre LeMieux writes, "I couldn't help sharing this photo of friend, Jackie Serfass, and her once in a lifetime find. Jackie came across this 394 B&C nontypical bull while working in the Arizona backcountry. Jackie is from Michigan and really had no idea what she had on her hands until she brought the monster back to civilization. With crowds gathering wherever she brings the antlers, I think she is starting to realize just what a rare trophy she has."

Does that look like something from prehistoric days or what?!? Look at that mass!!

pierrelemieux10103.jpg

justinmignerey41506-3.jpg

The RMEF has that Arizona bull mounted, or possibly replicas of it's antlers. If you look at the advertising for the great american elk tour in Bugle magazine one of the mounts shown is the same bull that Jackie found.

What a toad.

I know the exact spot where she found that bull. I had walked through there a few times several years before she found it. I think I found one of the sheds off that bull from when it was younger though. It was only about 20" long but had eight points on it including a point coming off the back side like the one she is holding on the right antler. Several years before she found it one of my friends was guiding in that same area when a hunter from another camp came by their camp just sick because he had hit a giant non-typical bull in the same canyon that bull was found in but could find it. The hunter was from back east somewhere and probably doesn't even know that his bull got found. What an amazing bull! I have seen several bulls come out of that area that had short beams but rediculous mass including one my dad killed back in 92. I wonder if it is an area where some of those genes from the Meriam's elk are still lingering. Who knows? Neat stuff.

Brian

hiopk nfldlajei kjfreie shtiie .... :blink:

sorry for the jibberish :lol:

OOPs... had to put my eyes back in the sockets.

Holey Shmoley! Awesome find. :(

That beast looks like a Red Stag from New Zealand :blink:

Truely Incredible.

Thanks for the story- background and picture.

Truely a once in a lifetime find!

AzP&Y

Did that hunter from back east hit the bull with a bullet or arrow? Just curious>>>

He hit it with a rifle on a November hunt. I guess there is not guarantee Jackie's bull is the bull he hit, but the peices all fit together. Just fun to speculate.

That elk scores 394 4/8 and is #40 in the Arizona Wildlife Trophies 2005 book for non-typical elk. What an amazing find. I just got the book this past weekend and recognized her name as I was looking at the records.

;) Way Cool! Thanks for sharing!