Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

Saguaro Lake

Well, after 7 days on Roosevelt and staying home one day I couldn't take it. Up at 2:30am, worked 8hrs and came home and headed for Saguaro Lake with to good friends Ted Bounds & Mark Hullinger. We got on the lake by 3:00pm and I caught this bass off a bed after 2 minutes of fishing and thought game on for us. Well, wouldn't you know it, the wind came up and the bed fishing was done for the rest of the day. We did manage a few bluegills but that's it. Here's the only bass. If the winds stay calm now is the time to hit this lake. Some big fish were on beds but we just couldn't pull it together today. Any drop shot jig in white maybe the best but I caught this one in brown.

post-1903-0-88792300-1332991298_thumb.jpg

Good Grief! That's a long day... but heck, to go fishin' I guess it's worth it! Nice fish TJ :D

Why you sight fishing? That is like spot lighting big game during the rut!!!!

It's not as easy as you think. The conditions have to be perfect for ya to pull it off. Spot lighting big game doesn't hurt them it's what you do afterwards that might caus a problem for them. By the way, that fish was released right after the picture was taken. :)

TJ

You wanna see spotlighting shoot some fish at night!!!!! The only place its legal to spotlight and kill!!!!!!

Why you sight fishing? That is like spot lighting big game during the rut!!!!

more like spot n stalk a big muley during the rut and we all know how that turns out 99 time of a 100! B)

James

As the boys down south say "Whoooooeeeeee. Look at that hog jowls mama of a bass"!

One of these days we are going to spend some time on the water. Just bullsh!!ten and fixing the whole dam mess of things happening around this state of ours. :D

TJ

It made for a long day but life is to short to sit around and wish we were fishing somewhere. Just go do it while you can because tomorrow just might bring a road block of some kind. :)

TJ