Sign in to follow this  
sjvcon

Mulie In Town

Just saw a mulie on Ellsworth Road and Riggs just outside of Orchard Park Ranch.

Crazy. Right on the sideyard of a house.

• Like 1

probably an AZGFD decoy..........if its over 200" a hamberlin is on the way..........

lee

Insanity runs in the family-it practically gallups!

we worked on ellsworth road right there about a year ago and saw 2 deer in that pasture several times, i always figured the guy owned them or something. from a distance they looked like some kind of domestic deer or something.

we worked on ellsworth road right there about a year ago and saw 2 deer in that pasture several times, i always figured the guy owned them or something. from a distance they looked like some kind of domestic deer or something.

I remember those deer as well. They look nothing like a mule deer, but I guess one might mistake them for one?

Nope. No mistaking it. It was a mulie. Big ole' ears, creamie white butt, black highlighted tail. I was about 50 feet from it. It was in the retention basin just outside of Orchard Ranch Park on the side of the road. Not fenced in. I've seen some jumbo mulies further out toward the road to Coolidge, but never in past Johnson Ranch. I guess given the fact that we had a Mountain Lion in Trilogy last year I should not be surprised, but I was.

1 of our drivers was out that way a couple of years ago and there was a sheriff stopping traffic cause there was a deer in the road. it was a red stag from what my driver said and he offered to use his archery tag on it for the sheriff and ther sheriff said he was thinking the same thing! lol!

James

I saw 2 does in the bottom of the wash from the 101 in November at the 101 just north of T-Bird. Had to do a doubble take.

I saw 2 does in the bottom of the wash from the 101 in November at the 101 just north of T-Bird. Had to do a doubble take.

I've seen javelinas in that same spotbbut never deer.

The people that live on the north west corner there own axis deer, at least I think that's what they are. They let them run free and my wife has almost hit the Doe a couple times. They used to have a couple bucks and does but I think the one doe is the only one left. I am suprised that Azgfd has never said anything to them for letting the deer just run around. I have never seen mule deer around the area and have been driving that road for 15 years now. That doesn't mean they are not there.