Sign in to follow this  
kkay

blue river stash

Took my son and nephew on a backpacking trip into the Blue river this weekend. We camped at a regularly used campsight. We found someones bag of trash and was going to burn it, only to discover that it was hiding some other stuff. Someone had brought in about 2, 2 gallon jugs of sealed water, a five gallon bucket, irrigation boots, some other quite heavy camping gear, all the condiments for a long stay, and here's the kicker there was a couple half gallon containers of ammonia one full, a couple empty. All I can come up with is it has something to do with panning or someones dumping it into the river, possibly to kill river inhabitants, which would be odd concidering the Blue River has long since been eradicated of any life. Anyone care to offer some insight on this one.

Small amounts of ammonia can be used to purify water. Also used as a fertilizer, as well as extracting metal from ores.

It is also a Bear repellent.

Robert William Fisher? still expect that POS will be found right here in Arizona. Eckard, Tyson, McClusky-they all come back eventually.......

lee

Insanity runs in the family-it practically gallups!

ps the old timers here might not believe it but there is a screenplay circulating in hollywood these days about danny lee eckard the peoples hero/cop killer. i think it is the guy who wrote dances with wolves...

Was thinking grow op as well. Ammonia to keep the deer out.

Was thinking grow op as well. Ammonia to keep the deer out.

Fisher +1

What kind of food were they packin in?

I emailed John Nores Jr - California Game Warden and one of the stars of NatGeo's "Wild Justice". Also authored a book - War in the Woods - about grow operations. I interviewed John as part of the marketing campaign for ISE...

Hello Marshall!

Hope all is well and very interesting question. The answer is yes, ammonia sulfate and sulfide especially are used in almost all grow sites as crop fertilizers. Very dangerous and polluting to water sources if it leaches into them as it often does in all these operations.

Please let the Leo in the springerville or stafford usfs office know of this depending on which way your heading out. They will do surveillance. I have assisted them a time or two and they do a decent job just understaffed to cover such a large area but they will use dps as well so give em the info .

Is Fisher the one who escaped down hells gate in 22? If so, I had forgotten all about him! I cant believe he is still on the loose. Something to think about while out packing around.

Is Fisher the one who escaped down hells gate in 22? If so, I had forgotten all about him! I cant believe he is still on the loose. Something to think about while out packing around.

Yup, we always camp right where they found his car and dog when we hunt in 22, right off colcord road. Pretty scary. Gotta always watch out.

pretty sure fisher doesn't need irrigation boots...

weed growers.

were there batteries, 6volt or even car batteries?

I would guess weed growers.

James

Robert Fisher may still be in Arizona, FBI warns

by Ofelia Madrid - Apr. 19, 2012 06:18 PM

The Republic | azcentral.com

Eleven years after the grisly murders of Scottsdale's Fisher family, the FBI is alerting law enforcement in northern Arizona that Robert Fisher, the prime suspect, may still be living in the area.

Days ago, a Coconino County Sheriff's deputy announced at a community meeting in Payson that the FBI had sent notice that Fisher, an avid hunter and angler, could be living in the area.

Payson is in Gila County, but the deputy lives in the area, said Rex Gilliland, operations commander for the Coconino County Sheriff's Office.

The Payson area is where the last sign of Fisher was found in April 2001, after Fisher's wife Mary, 38, and their children, Brittney, 13, and Bobby, 10, were found murdered.

On April 10, 2001, Fisher slit the throats of his family, shot his wife in the head, blew up their south Scottsdale home to cover it up and disappeared, according to police. Ten days later, Mary's Toyota 4Runner was discovered in the mountains outside of Payson, along with the family dog, Blue.

Inside the SUV, police found the an Oakland Raiders ball cap, which is what Fisher was wearing in his last confirmed sighting by bank surveillance cameras. Fisher was photographed withdrawing $280 from an ATM in Scottsdale the day of the explosion.

The announcement that Fisher might still be in the area was intended for law enforcement, but residents are encouraged to keep their eyes open, said FBI spokesman Manuel Johnson.

"We are attempting to re-canvass the area and focusing on Fisher's characteristics of him being an avid outdoorsman," Johnson said.

Despite being more than a decade old, the unsolved murder continues to attract worldwide attention. Fisher remains on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted List.

"The case agents get leads on a weekly basis," Johnson said. "We've had leads from all over the country, north and south of the border."

The focus continues to be Fisher's personality; he is described as an introvert with controlling characteristics. By now, Fisher would be 51. He would walk with an upright posture and pushed-out chest because of a lower back surgery.