Sign in to follow this  
pinalhunter

cody trouble

This cody decided he owned this spot. He chased off any deer that tried to come in, even showing up at night to chase off foxes and ringtails. There were 909 pics on this camera and he is in most of them.

post-3324-0-70508000-1334597360_thumb.jpg

post-3324-0-76292600-1334597447_thumb.jpg

post-3324-0-25570400-1334597490_thumb.jpg

post-3324-0-07994200-1334597522_thumb.jpg

post-3324-0-21209100-1334597584_thumb.jpg

I think that coati needs to go to rehab because he is addicted to your salt lick.

I would be happy to take one for the team and help you teach him a lesson. No need to thank me:)

I wonder where his friends were. Coatis usually are found in groups. I've seen packs of two dozen or more.

Bill Quimby

The males are solitary with the exception of mating. I have pics of a large family group and saw a group of about twenty my last time in this area.

+1 males solitary and females and young travel in troops, and are noisy, chattering, curious little creatures, pretty fun to watch.

Glassed up a really awesome blonde one (looked like my yellow lab) last year in 36c.... If the wind wasn't HOWLING, I would have taken a shot at him and have him life sized!

I seen one down by Doke (behind the pinals) near the burn that was all black and as big as a cub bear. I swore it was a bear when I first saw it then I seen his tail. I believe that is the biggest one I have ever seen. The bad thing is I just had shot one like days before I seen him. Too bad or I would have taken him. They are some of the coolest critters we have here in Arizona IMO. ;)

I've either seen them in huge groups, or as single males. Attached some photos from a few years ago. I counted over 45 of them once, from tree squirrel sized little ones to full grown. Pretty cool little creatures. The one I shot ended up in a museum in Montana. Turns out a client of a local guide was looking for one.

post-1571-0-66345900-1334854134_thumb.jpg

post-1571-0-27966300-1334854255_thumb.jpg

post-1571-0-85252300-1334854270_thumb.jpg

Glassed up a really awesome blonde one (looked like my yellow lab) last year in 36c.... If the wind wasn't HOWLING, I would have taken a shot at him and have him life sized!

Did you happen to see this guy in the northwest part of the unit. Near the res. line in one of the canyons coming off Babo. I saw the biggest coati I've ever seen there and he was a huge all blonde male w/ no dark markings at all. Wanted him bad but hunting partner said no go as he had the dec tag and didn't want the canyon blown out.