tjhunt2

Bluegill Bananza

Thanks for all the kind words. I feel very lucky to be able to share these memories with my Dad at 83 yrs of age and I'm glad I can share them with all of you as well. Our days are numbered for sure but until then I'll take everyday as if it's our last. If only I can pass on the true value of life, that Dad has instilled in me, with those I have come in contact with then I will have done him justice. :)

TJ

What did you use? Would REALLY love to take the 4 and 5 year old daughters out to catch something! Especially with the princess and spongebob fishing poles!

We used both meal worms and nightcrawlers. The meal worms are less messy and are the perfect size to thread on a #8 hook. If you just hook them in the middle the bluegills will pull them off. We only use a piece of crawler the size of the meal worms and do the same. A dozen worms cut up go along way. I tie a barrel swivel on the end of my line and then tie on a 12" piece of 4lb test on the other end with a #8 hook. Place a small split shot on the upper side of the swivel. This setup will keep your line from twisting.

Most of the bigger bluegills were in about 6 - 10ft. If you are catching nothing but little ones then move until you find the bigger ones. Hope this helps. Good luck fishing. :)

TJ

that looks great thanks for sharing. I think i need to take dad for some fishing!

good time with dad, fish tacos, cold Bud Light! Im jealous

That looks like a lot of fun! I remember when we were kids and my dad (that doesnt fish) would take us to the lake and my brother and I would catch 50 or so each from shore. We have to do some fishing soon!

That looks like a lot of fun! I remember when we were kids and my dad (that doesnt fish) would take us to the lake and my brother and I would catch 50 or so each from shore. We have to do some fishing soon!

It can be so simple but then so rewarding at the same time. You're not catching big fish with bluegills but just having a great time on the water with family or friends. Fishing clears your mind of the everyday madness and brings everything back in to perspective. Take a kid fishing and you will feel the reward at the end of the day for sure. :)

TJ

Went to Saguaro last Saturday to give it a shot with my 4 year old daughter and my sister. Motor would not start, again. Stuck at the ramp for 2 hours fooling around while all of the nice boats came and went. Man, state workers like me can't afford nice boats like those! :(

Went to Saguaro last Saturday to give it a shot with my 4 year old daughter and my sister. Motor would not start, again. Stuck at the ramp for 2 hours fooling around while all of the nice boats came and went. Man, state workers like me can't afford nice boats like those! :(

Dont feel down, most of us cant.

Bummer!. The closest thing I have to a boat is a float tube.