Sign in to follow this  
Bucks N Bulls

Archery bear

Hello everyone!

Thought i would share my bear with you all. I hunted pretty hard since opening day. I have not even seen any bears on the hunt. I did have a few bears on cams. Then finally the other morning at 6:30 am i was already expecting another non action long day. When i looked to my left and low and behold here comes a nice chocolate bear.I drew on this bear 3 differant times before he finally gave me a shot. By the 4th draw my arms were rubber. I loosed an arrow and unfortunately the bear dropped down and my arrow went through the hair on his back. He ran up the hill behind a tree looking back trying to figure out what all the noise was. As i watched him staring down at the spring i hear some light breathing and woofing sounds. I imediately think man don't tell me this bear has a cub coming down the hill. Now i can't shoot it when it clears the tree. I look over and here comes a huge blonde bear.The chocolate bear see's the blonde coming in and runs away. The blonde bear comes straight to me and turns broadside at 16 yards. I let my g5 stiker loose and drill the bear' he rolls around and sits up looking at himself. He starts to walk away and stops and looks at himself again and continues to walk. At 27 yards my second arrow is on its way. The bear rolls around sits down and looks at himself again. He gets up trots up the hill and dies crashing down into the leaves. This is my 1st bear and 3rd tag. His skull measured 18 11. I couldn't ask for a better bear. Pretty amazing not to see anything and then 2 bears come in within moments of each other.My daughter was with me that day which made it even better. I hope you like him.

Seanpost-4452-0-79074800-1339693744.png

Sean,

Congrats again. Nice to finely hear the story. I know how much work you put into this hunt. You deserve to fill your tag.

Brent

Great job. It may be likely that the chocolate bear was a sow being followed by the larger blonde bear.

Sean,

Congrats on a stellar bear. Especially being in the 18'' range... Glad that your daughter could experience such a fun time with her Dad.

Persistance definitely paid off.

Mike

Nice! Congrats on a great bear. Beautiful Color on that bear. It's a challenge to kill a bear in AZ so that is just awesome.