Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Snakes are out!

I can imagine the amount of venom a big boy like that would inject. I had a rattlesnake stike at me and missed my hand by a fraction of an inch. It's head actually brushed the side of my hand. I stay away from them. They can ruin your day in a hurry.

i would just bite it before it bit me....problem solved.

That thing is crazy huge. camera angle or not its certainly snake-zilla

i would just bite it before it bit me....problem solved.

That thing is crazy huge. camera angle or not its certainly snake-zilla

I would pay good money to watch that!

A friend of mine caught this guy the other day. Western Diamond Back.

They are out there! Carefull where you step! And yes I think the camera added to the size, but still the biggest and meanest snake I have ever seen

I think your friend is a Blockhead!

I am so embarassed -- took me a while to get this!

Looks like one big snake. The biggest diamondback I've seen in AZ was around 5 1/2 feet long and probably 20+ pounds and it's not close to this one. If it's a real pic, it's a monster. Looks at least 6, maybe 7 feet.

Where I grew up in OK, we had timber rattlers that would get that big but I've never seen a diamondback that big in person.

Here's a pic of the biggest I caught...out by Willow Springs outside of Tucson back in the college days.

post-478-0-48499200-1340767055.gif

I still have the skin from this one spanning the double doors to my office. It looks like a garter snake compared to the one in the initial post, and this one...

post-478-0-28356500-1340767147.jpg

I don't think it's fake at all. I know the size of the jaws of that tong like I said above its. Alled the gentile giant tong and the snake make it look small. Not sure how anyone could fake the size of the jaws of it with the snake inside of it. Now for sure the snake looks bigger be ause it's held away from the guy but that is a big freaking snake. I killed one 20 some years ago in the whetstone mountains. Way way back up in that mountain rang that was every bit as big as that snake. The rattle on it was close to six inches long. I thought the thing was a tree root. It was Huge. Then I rolled my jeep about two hours after that and all I could think was that beast was in the jeep with me and man I hope it's dead all the way and I hope it does not land in my lap dead or alive.

His arms are bent, not extended and those tongs dont look that long.. DEFINITELY not long enough for me to get close to a snake!

I wouldn't doubt it being a real snake, maybe somewhere in Texas, but with their drought I doubt it. Been in Arizona/Tucson my entire life. Put ALLOT of miles on truck tires, boots etc. I've never seen anything remotely close to that.

My brother and I killed one down by the old missile silo off of 83 years ago that was well over 6 ft.

I have had a half dozen close encounters with Rattlers. Thats why I don't want anything to do with them,sooner or later your luck will run out. Most of them were in the 3' to 4' range.

I've seen Eastern diamondbacks that big but never a Western. Don't want to either!

People hold their downed elk or deer in ways that make them look like a monster, this guy just did it with a snake. We all have taken a picture with a 3 lb bass but hold it out infront of your body it looks like a 9 pound lunker, either way that rattler would be good eating.

Arlington, AZ has snakes that big down by the Gila River. Seen em on numerous dove/quail hunt's shot and left em.