Sign in to follow this  
ccran

Swacker Broadheads

Im going to try Swackers this August, it will be my first mechanical broadhead. I have always used G5 Montec, and I have only killed one very tiny coues, and few jackrabbits. Anyone else on here ever use Swackers, if so what did you think? I know this topic has been worn thin over the years, but hey the season is about to fire up and Im getting an itchy trigger finger.

I really like them. They fly just like my field points and they do a number on those critters. I have killed a deer and an antelope with them. they leave quite a hole.

the guy who created it is on this site- he def kills alot of critters with big oles in em along with his son and family- they're good and can't go wrong

I decided I would give them a try last year and was amazed how fast, 4 minutes max, my cow elk died and the amount of blood that poured out of her. I then killed my pig at a 45 deg angle with no problem. :)

TJ

• Like 2

I killed two deer and a coyote with them last year...one of the deer I made a less than perfect shot and he only went 75 yards ...the internal damage was tremendous...I'll be using them again

• Like 1

Gonna have to try these out. Enough CWT'ers say they rock, it's worth buying a pack or two.

• Like 1

Im going to try Swackers this August, it will be my first mechanical broadhead. I have always used G5 Montec, and I have only killed one very tiny coues, and few jackrabbits. Anyone else on here ever use Swackers, if so what did you think? I know this topic has been worn thin over the years, but hey the season is about to fire up and Im getting an itchy trigger finger.

I can only tell you this head was designed for Elk and that it has killed every animal in Arizona it has been shot at. Check out other posts here on this broadhead and you will see some pics. My avatar is the first kill I have with it.

I decided I would give them a try last year and was amazed how fast, 4 minutes max, my cow elk died and the amount of blood that poured out of her. I then killed my pig at a 45 deg angle with no problem. :)

TJ

I do remember I was having problems with the rubber band holding the blades together in my quiver and then stretching out to where they wouldn't hold the blade closed.

TJ

Hi, newbe here. I have a question to ask those of you that have shot the Shwackers into game. How does the entrance hole look? This head is designed to open after entry. I would guess it would always do so however I don't like the idea of a bullet/arrow size hole on entry "IF" that's what it leaves. Otherwise you have to get a pass through for a good blood trail. If that head stops inside for any reason on elk you could be risking it and holding your breath he dies in sight.

Only failure I know of is a guy hit a Javelina in the shoulder bone and the head bent enough the blades would not open. I call that a fluke/bad shot placement. What detours me is entry wound. I'm a mechanical BH nut and I'm going with the NAP Killzone this year. Every test I have done with them they open on entry and are one tough head.

Hi, newbe here. I have a question to ask those of you that have shot the Shwackers into game. How does the entrance hole look? This head is designed to open after entry. I would guess it would always do so however I don't like the idea of a bullet/arrow size hole on entry "IF" that's what it leaves. Otherwise you have to get a pass through for a good blood trail. If that head stops inside for any reason on elk you could be risking it and holding your breath he dies in sight.

Only failure I know of is a guy hit a Javelina in the shoulder bone and the head bent enough the blades would not open. I call that a fluke/bad shot placement. What detours me is entry wound. I'm a mechanical BH nut and I'm going with the NAP Killzone this year. Every test I have done with them they open on entry and are one tough head.

The entry holes are at least 1 inch. When we first took it afield there was 16 Elk killed that year all but 1 went less than 100 yards.

A 1 inch entry hole is better than an arrow shaft size but I sure would like to see it a bit bigger for elk. No doubt they died/dropped within 100 yards. Im just a little concerned about the blood trail without a exit hole. Thanks for your reply, sure gives some food for thought and a little more confidence in the design.

GBA

Wasn't this broadhead originally called something else, Sonoran maybe? I remember using these on my first two elk hunts when I was a kid, would have been 98-99.