Sign in to follow this  
DrRx09

The herd's lookin good....

Got this deer on cam a couple times. I know I've seen this before on other trail cam pics but I don't think I've ever seen it this bad. Hopefully its not contagious... :blink: :wacko:

post-5232-0-55245000-1342244755_thumb.jpg

Looks like a Hemorrhagic Fever like people get when they are infected with Ebola.

here agin as warts/tumors on deer are not that common - it's something you should show your local G&F department - so they can keep tabs on this ..

I have a pic of a spike (elk) that has one on the side of his face the size of a large grapefruit. I'll see if I can find it. Nasty stuff!!

Holy crap wtf is that?

I think the lion would have the same reaction and pass on this one! :o

I saw a porgram on tv about eastern whitetail with these warts, they also showed some elk, they are pretty rare. If I remember right I think it is a genetic thing and not contagous and doesn't bother the meat at all (don't know if I would eat it still). Much more prevelant and females or some reason. Don't quote me on any of this but it's been a while since I have seen the program.

It's not contagious and it normally won't really affect a deer. The wart-like growths are called fibromas and caused by a virus but it is not contagious and usually a deer can live with it just fine. This poor deer has a really bad case of it though. If it covers and eye or somehow interferes with eating or hearing, then the deer will likely not make it. Poor thing.....I saw a lot more of this in deer on the east coast then I do out in here in AZ.

• Like 1

hit that with an arrow and puss isgonna shoot back at you. wow never seen nothing like it.

I saw a deer on wild justice that had a bunch of bumps like that all over it's head to where it couldn't see and the game warden had to shoot it. I can't remember what he called it though.

Nasty!

No way I am eating something like that, may be labeled as ignorant, the permanent visual would make it impossible.

Poor deer!