Sign in to follow this  
AZkiller

1st BEAR...UPDATED

Very cool bear in the pears. Nice rifle whats all done to it?

• Like 1

Always a great accomplishment to tag a bear. In what unit did you harvest your sow? I assume you glassed her up, rather than brought her into range with a predator call?

Thanks. The rifle action is custom built by me. Based on a remington/nesica/lawton. BIG. I put a 32in Lilja barrel on it and chambered it in 338 snipe tac. Not built to shoot as close as I did, but I wasn't going to back up that's where she was. I have a McMillan A-3 stock, bedded topped with a 8.5-25 leupold lrt. I am pushing a 300gr Berger at 3100fps with 127gr of 50BMG. I can't wait to smack a whitetail with it.

Always a great accomplishment to tag a bear. In what unit did you harvest your sow? I assume you glassed her up, rather than brought her into range with a predator call?

Thanks, yes I glassed her up with no glasss. Didn't need them kinda easy to see a bear at 400 without any. We were in 23S.
  • Like 1

Did you see many other bears? Looks like this one was in the prickly pears....good fruit production out there this year?

I didn't see any others. The fruit was kinda spotty.

Right on man with a 32 inch barrel I'm guessing its a 338 Lapua, and not a ultra, winmag ,edge or 338 standard cartridge.

Right on man with a 32 inch barrel I'm guessing its a 338 Lapua, and not a ultra, winmag ,edge or 338 standard cartridge.

It's a 338 Snipe Tac