Sign in to follow this  
Ross Outdoors

San Carlos Bear

Was happy to tag out on my San Carlos bear hunt, very hot hunt but ended up getting him in the low desert. 300 yard shot with the 7mm put him down, very old bear, skinny, but had a huge head and paws.

Happy Hunting

Josiah

post-6186-0-54903100-1344805705_thumb.jpg

post-6186-0-94670500-1345499652.jpg

Awesome job. Funny seein you on here with a bear kill after a couple times runnin into you at the shop and the bow hunter happening. Great kill.

great looking bear.

Hey, nice looking bear! Probably no better place to hunt big bears than the SC. Thanks for posting the pix.

Very nice! I had an invite to head up to the San Carlos reservation for bear this weekend, but my bum leg wouldn't allow it. Awesome bears in there. Glad you were able to connect.

Congrats! Does the San Carlos G&F check the bear and take samples like AZ G&F?

Thanks for the positive feedback, I uploaded another picture that shows the head better. We measured him right around a 20" skull, his face was really scarred up, he had a lot of character. Congrats on your awesome archery bear wtlathen, I'm hoping to get one with a bow one of these days. Trophyhnter, San Carlos G&F doesn't take samples, they just require that you fill out a hunter questionarre and send them a picture of the bear.

-Josiah