Sign in to follow this  
bvanetten

22 South Muzzleloader Bull

some one needs to invent a game camera that explodes a florescent orange paint on the thief, then we would know that these aronge people walkin out of the woods were thieves. might also deter some people if you did not know weather or not the camera was going to paint you bright orange

I took my 9 y/o son with me scouting out there and he had a blast. I will be pissed if someone jacks with my cameras, but he will be even more upset. He had a great time learning about what kind of sign to look for and was pointing stuff out to me on his own and is really looking forward to seeing what is on the cams. It was a really cool experience. He is still innocent and getting excited about hunting and I hope he doesn't have to learn how harsh the real world is just yet.

How is the rut in this area right now? I was on Robert's Mesa last weekend and got them going pretty good. It was a blast with the kids and wife.

post-621-0-70700300-1349051978_thumb.jpgBig Bull Down!

1st time hunter got the job done. My wife managed to overcome the jitters long enough to seal the deal. The adrenaline rush right afterwards caused some emotions! I think she is hooked. Shot him at about 6:00 pm Saturday night. 40 yard head on shot dropped him in his tracks. we tried cow calling him in for 30 minutes but he wouldn't leave his cows plus there were two other satelite bulls harrasing him also. Wind was perfect and we were able to sneak into 50 yards but it was so thick you couldn't see him. He still would not budge with the cow calls. We were running out of light so I went for broke. I screamed at him with my bugle, raked a tree then screamed again. That was it, he had had it. He screamed back and made a beeline straight at us. I had the wife setup with her rifle on my tripod and two 50 yard shooting lanes setup. He stepped into one of them at 40 yards and she let go. He is a 6x6 with one of his 5ths broke from fighting. I just finished scoring him and it came in at 326. Big blocky head with a mean roman nose. fresh scars on his head from fighting.

He hung at the butcher at 461 lbs. What would be a good guess at his live weight?

Great job, sounds like an exciting couple of minutes! Congrats to your wife, great bull!

Congrats to your wife for an awesome first bull!

Congrats on a good bull in a tough unit. Those 'warrior bulls are awesome'.

A big gratulations to your wife. I would guess about 600lbs on the hoof. Thanks for sharing! :)

TJ