Dad and I got November tags for 30A Coues. Skunked for Javelina. Cramerhunts, how did Cochise County do for rain this year? Quail? Good scouting, wish I could be down to do that.

Craig.

Craig,

Cochise Co. has been getting some really good rain but it is really hit and miss. The southern end has seen some good moisture early on and the Dos has had it's share of rain as well but more recently.

I have seen a fair amount of quail with good size hatches but not quite as many as last year. I will be getting the trail cameras up in a couple of weeks so hopefully will have a better idea for horn growth. So far the growth seems to be good but not at all what it was last year.

Good Luck.

Phil

ALL MY GUNS AND BINO'S ARE FOR SALE, I'M DONE........................

List'em up! Let's see what ya got for sale.

I was hoping for a little better support than that........ LOL

somebody says the got a sheep tag and didn't even apply for it? now that's gonna piss me off. no wonder i never get drawn. i actually apply for a tag. next year i ain't gonna apply and see how that works. applyin' don't seem to be workin'. Lark.

well I didn't get that Dec Wt in unit 23 ..... I guess thats OK because we all know there arn't any deer around there any way ....

I did get my second choice Elk though ....

late Cow in 23 so my Son and I will be going to Young in Dec anyway ....

Good luck to all you who drew those WT tags .... hope you get the Buck you've been hunting for.

Johnnie

:D Uh, let's see, I drew my coues tag so that's cool, but WTF happened to my Elk tag? The internet says "REJECTED There was not enough payment enclosed with your application." B) Yet I'm holding the returned check for $83 from my bank that was cashed! The account had about $7,000 in it, and just about never drops below $2,000 or so, and Elk tags are only $83 so why didn't I get drawn? Below that, it says "ELK NOT DRAWN 3122 NT DRN BULL ELK 22-SEP-06 05-OCT-06." Why wasn't that one rejected? I'm heading down to the office to see what happened. :(

:D Uh, let's see, I drew my coues tag so that's cool, but WTF happened to my Elk tag? The internet says "REJECTED There was not enough payment enclosed with your application." B) Yet I'm holding the returned check for $83 from my bank that was cashed! The account had about $7,000 in it, and just about never drops below $2,000 or so, and Elk tags are only $83 so why didn't I get drawn? Below that, it says "ELK NOT DRAWN 3122 NT DRN BULL ELK 22-SEP-06 05-OCT-06." Why wasn't that one rejected? I'm heading down to the office to see what happened. :(

They not accept pesos amigo.

I didn't think you would be selling anything, you'll be needing those good optics for elk season, right!!!!!!

lil' mace, one of the earlier posts on hear said that someone got a sheep tag that didn't even apply for sheep. that's what i was talking about. Lark.

I didn't think you would be selling anything, you'll be needing those good optics for elk season, right!!!!!!

you know it ..................... :ph34r:

Lark you were worried about your son not getting drawn cause of his lost wallet, how did that turn out?

:ph34r: Uh, let's see, I drew my coues tag so that's cool, but WTF happened to my Elk tag? The internet says "REJECTED There was not enough payment enclosed with your application." :ph34r: Yet I'm holding the returned check for $83 from my bank that was cashed! The account had about $7,000 in it, and just about never drops below $2,000 or so, and Elk tags are only $83 so why didn't I get drawn? Below that, it says "ELK NOT DRAWN 3122 NT DRN BULL ELK 22-SEP-06 05-OCT-06." Why wasn't that one rejected? I'm heading down to the office to see what happened. :ph34r:

Oh man that is bad!!!! Funny and yet horrible all in the same sentence.

I would demand an elk tag. . err. . . make that two! I need one also!

lil' mace, one of the earlier posts on hear said that someone got a sheep tag that didn't even apply for sheep. that's what i was talking about. Lark.

He only got CHARGED for a sheep tag, never got the tag. . . LOL!

some years back a guy i know and 3 other applied for the u1 early bull hunt and were rejected because the azgfd said insufficient funds in his account and he had written a personal check. well, being a smart guy, he went to the bank and got all his records. at no time, from the time he sent them the check until after the draw, did he have insufficient funds, or could he possibly have had insufficient funds because of a combination of circumstances or anything else. he called the azgfd and got an audience with em, they looked at his stuff and said too bad so then he told em the name of the attorney he had retained. they then proceeded to print them off 4 tags for their first choice. issued them in excess of the ones in the draw. if you really are certain, you do have a leg to stand on and there is past precedence to go on. this really did happen. there have been several cases over the years where the azgfd messed up and had to make it good. if you're sure you're right, get after em. Lark.

p.s. my son who lost his wallet didn't even draw flies. don't know if the wallet deal had anything to with it or not. all the net said was "not drawn".