coueshunter

what qualifies?

Shooting 500 + consistently without question of ones ability, everything passed that is peachy.

Take up shooting High Power Silhouette or High Power itself and shoot in some matches to develope and hone the skill necessary to be proficient. Shooting in a match you will also learn to deal shooting under stress.

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/highpower.asp

Is shooting at a 110 buck and shooting comp the same stress?

No black and white answer here. Just always testing your limits, trying to become a better shooter and extend your max range. Bench practice is great, but it doesn't compare to actual field practice. Picking out rocks, going through your routine, reading wind, getting in field positions, and lettin the lead fly.

• Like 1

When hit your target every time.

Can anyone really claim this?

Sure, because when you become proficient you also become wise enough to pass on Shots you cant make.

Take up shooting High Power Silhouette or High Power itself and shoot in some matches to develope and hone the skill necessary to be proficient. Shooting in a match you will also learn to deal shooting under stress.

http://www.nrahq.org...e/highpower.asp

No. I shoot long range and Silhouette high power and small bore. Its much more stressful to have a deer in you scope. That being said, shooting competitively forces you to develop trigger control, breathing and being comfortalble behind a rifle. I would recomend it to everyone, very humbling.

Interesting question and the honest answer I would think lies in each individual as there can't be a black n white answer for all. I know my Uncle was one of the best trap n skeet shooters i ever saw but he couldn't hold my Father's jock strap when it came time to hunting quail or dove! Good question to stir the pot though for sure! Allen, how did the show go last night at Game n Fish?

i think a long range shooter would be someone that can perform consitantly at distances that others would not feel comfortable with..........i hope to be a long range harvester some day...............

i think a long range shooter would be someone that can perform consitantly at distances that others would not feel comfortable with..........i hope to be a long range killer some day...............

You mean a long range "harvester of wildlife" not "killer" Carl! We don't want to give the tree huggers any ammunition or votes for Obama do we?

I would say that I am among the best long range shooters around! When my buddies ask me "Why did you miss that deer at 100 yrds?" I show them that "I actually intended to hit the tree next to it." Anyone can hit a deer at 100 yards....it takes true skill to "barely" miss them.

Likewise at any range, 1-1000 yards I hit everything my barrell is pointed at. :D

http://www.nrahq.org...e/highpower.asp

Night- come to some of the matches bring money. it is different stress.

i think a long range shooter would be someone that can perform consitantly at distances that others would not feel comfortable with..........i hope to be a long range killer some day...............

You mean a long range "harvester of wildlife" not "killer" Carl! We don't want to give the tree huggers any ammunition or votes for Obama do we?

Nope. I think he said exactly what needs to be said and called it how it is! Harvesting is in regards to crops... Corn, wheat. A deer, elk, cow etc is killed so we can eat it!

• Like 1