Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

A Hunter's Good Deed - Monster Bull in 7W

I just thought I would share this good deed by Dustin Mortensbak. Here is the story as I read it on Facebook:

365 Pursuit Just got this picture from Prostaffer Dustin down in AZ! He found this huge bull yeaterday that had been killed on the Bowhunt, He posted flyers all around the area saying he found a big bull and wrote his contact info on it. Later that day a hunter gave him a call and Dustin took him to his bull! What an awesome way to make a guys season and what an even cooler story! Atta boy Dustin!

post-6408-0-09043800-1347907223.jpg

• Like 3

Do you have any more details? How far was the bull from where he was shot ? where was the hit? How far from the bull had the hunter looked? Just curious, I know lots of us have had this happen but never find the bull.

Do you have any more details? How far was the bull from where he was shot ? where was the hit? How far from the bull had the hunter looked? Just curious, I know lots of us have had this happen but never find the bull.

The shot was hard quartering away and very low. We were already back to town when the hunter called so I'm not to sure how far he had gone. Dustin had the guy explain the bull, location, arrow, broadhead, & fletch before he would tell him where it was!

The shot was hard quartering away and very low. We were already back to town when the hunter called so I'm not to sure how far he had gone. Dustin had the guy explain the bull, location, arrow, broadhead, & fletch before he would tell him where it was!

Good job of being thorough!

I lost a bull 7 years ago. All my buddies and myself looked and relooked everywhere, but never found him. I know I made a killing shot. I still get a knot in my stomach thinking about it. Glad to see the hunter and bull were brought together.