Sign in to follow this  
bowsniper

Hoghntr could use 6A cow help

I received a text from Hoghntr who has been cow elk hunting for a week now. He is having a rough hunt and asked me to post this for him:

"I'm in Antelope Park and the elk are usually here but not this week that I can find. My physical condition is not so good. I do have a crossbow permit, but I am limited to sitting tanks in the evening or bait/salt if ya got it. Thanks for any help and I will keep any secret shared. Just want to fill the freezer. GOD BLESS!"

In case you don't know Hoghntr, (Mike), he is a great pig hunter that has helped and shared his knowledge and secret spots with may people on this site. Mike is also a disabled veteran who was in the Gulf war.

If you can help mike out in some way, please call him directly at 602-499-4136.

Thanks!

Mark

I sent a message to 6anut lets see if he can help out.

James

Funny I said Rock Top, Horse Park area, and the 700 rd which seems to always have cow elk running across it.

I gave him a spot on the southside. Pretty consistent for cows and smaller bulls. Had a small herd come right in on top of me the evening of sep 13 when I went into get my cam. Small 6pt was pretty worked up with about 8 cows and calfs.

If you need help packing one out, let me know. I am heading up tomorrow through the muzzy season. Will be camped off the 132 road somewhere closer to Mormon Lake, so not too far from where you are at. I drive a white F-150 King Ranch. You can try to call me as well, but service is pretty iffy, at least leave me a VM and i will try to help out.

Chad - 520.237.3726

If you need help packing one out, let me know. I am heading up tomorrow through the muzzy season. Will be camped off the 132 road somewhere closer to Mormon Lake, so not too far from where you are at. I drive a white F-150 King Ranch. You can try to call me as well, but service is pretty iffy, at least leave me a VM and i will try to help out.

Chad - 520.237.3726

I passed this along to him. He say the muzzy hunt is going to be awesome.

Ill be up there as well this weekend, leaving tonight, i have quiet a few spots up there if you need any help or spots to go to call me..

I also tried calling him last night a little bit after dark with no answer.

Bryan- (602)-526-0180

Very awesome of u guys the lend a hand!!!!!! Good group of guys and gals on here !!! Thanks for making this site awesome!

So uhhh....Mike shouldve called me, had 20 different cows in shooting distance tonight, saw 3 different bulls, had a BEAUTIFUL 7x prob around 330" within 80yrds and he didnt even know it. Wish i had a tag!!! 3

Thanks to all who offered help... man i had some guys handing over some secret holes that sounded gr8.. my gut said the rut would happen and they would come as they always do . Now i am a praying man and while in prayer Tuesday morning the nHoly Spirit clearly said stay put and go sit here ______ so i immediately went to the tank and popped blind and 2 hours later put a bolt through a 2-3 year old cow which is exactly what i ordered. I called father and son team up there i had met and they came and helped me get it out. I in return for the kindness you all have shown me left my blind for these guys and have them bull sitting and will get blind in few weeks when they are in Phx.. i love it when we are all like family!! now sadly whith road closures and broken body and possibly bait ban i just dont know if this will be my sport for very much longer so feel free to donate meat to this charitable cause whenever. (:

I give all the Glory to God on this hunt folks... i killed this elk 3 years to the day of my last big game harvest.. i had been trying like crazy but until i got the hunt addiction under control i was gonna have no luck.. and i am content.. guess what im broken and i have to use crossbow so i might as well enjoy it as any other archery success..(: = content