wardsoutfitters

AZGFD Rule Changes

So it has begun again. The Arizona game and fish department is going to be taking public comment on the subject of attracting animals for the purpose of harvesting them. I was on the phone for quite some time trying to get answers. For the most part you can hunt over salt but it must have been placed for the sole purpose of agricultural operations, YOU CANNOT USE ANY SALT BASED PRODUCT THAT WAS DESIGNED TO ATTRACT WILDLIFE! I couldn’t get an answer if food plots were legal I was told they would get back to me. Please read through the entire packet of what rules are proposed to change. I was told they want to make The use of edible or ingestible substances to aid in taking big game unlawful Because they want to keep from spreading disease due to the animals congregating, The fact here is that animals in Az naturally congregate and if the spread of disease was the issue then salt would also be made illegal. The fact of the matter is they think bow hunters are to successful, I was told this in 2008 and it was mentioned while speaking to an official on Friday. We must stand up and fight this matter . Even if you don’t hunt over attractants, this is taking away a tool used by hunters and they will pick at these types of tools if we allow this to happen. In response to this matter please send a e-mail to Celeste Cook [CCook@azgfd.gov]

WE ONLY HAVE 30 DAYS FROM FRIDAY TO MAKE COMMENTS, PLEASE LETS STAND TOGETHER AS HUNTERS TO KEEP THIS FROM PASSING.

D The use of edible or ingestible substances to aid in taking big game is unlawful when:

1. An individual places edible or ingestible substances for the purpose of attracting or taking big game.

2. An individual knowingly takes big game with the aid of edible or ingestible substances placed for the purpose of attracting wildlife to a specific location.

3. This subsection does not limit Department employees or Department agents in the performance of their official duties.

4. For the purposes of this subsection, edible or ingestible substances does not include:

a. Water,

b. Salt or salt-based materials produced and manufactured for the livestock industry, or

c. Nutritional supplements produced and manufactured for the livestock industry and placed during the course of livestock or agricultural operations.

3. Any lure, attractant, or cover scent containing any cervid urine.

• Like 1

I find the motives of banning this questionable. Since they are saying "attracting animals" in the attempt to harvest. Are they going to eventually ban "Elk calls", used to attract elk?

I personally see no problem with the proposal and it is pretty specific to edible so I do not see elk calls being in any kind of danger, plus calls can spook off just as much as they attract just look at all the post from guys blaming hoochie mama calls in the middle of their pursuit by other hunters for blowing their chance.

I see no problem either. God forbid someone have to actually go hunt an animal to kill it.

• Like 2

I see no problem either. God forbid someone have to actually go hunt an animal to kill it.

what's stopping anyone from doing that with the current rules?

California just took away hounds and banned fishing in a large portion of near shore areas. What's next?

What's that old story about a frog in boiling water.......? Just keep turning up the heat a few degrees at a time until we are all cooked.

• Like 1

This is what happens when enviromentalist take over a department. The wildlife is being mismanaged, and now they are making up bogus rules to support their Junk Science of wildlife management. The biggest threat to the wildlife in Arizona, is not the drought, the predators, the diseases or poachers, it is our Game and Fish Department!

• Like 7

50 piles of corn per square mile of public land and a blind or treestand at every pile!

50 piles of corn per square mile of public land and a blind or treestand at every pile!

oh. 50? really?

For my fellow conservatives on here, please take a moment to consider the following. These types of little laws may sound good to some, based upon one's personal beliefs and opinions. But such small changes are the same thing our local, state, and federal government do to expand the government, raise taxes, etc. Additionally, how conservative is it to impose your beliefs and opinions on others? Whether you support baiting or not, supporting laws that ban it are only taking more rights away from individuals and expanding the power of governing bodies.

Additional laws and regulation = Bad laws and regulation.

• Like 3

where the heck do you see this? I sure as heck don't see any corn piles in the units I hunt.

• Like 1

where the heck do you see this? I sure as heck don't see any corn piles in the units I hunt.

I was thinking the same thing. Any verifiable stats on this?

mr wards - since i'm passing this infor on - can you give a link to the propoasal ???

I'm not fro this law or proposal but why in the middle of our hunting season - 30 days for comments .

would a petion signed by emails on a facebook page or hundreds of comments on their site make a difference ??

everytime we see this its almost a done deal or it wouildnt even be proposed .

the department is being pressured by a few - here we go agin

What I can't understand is why we have so many fellow hunters are okay with their liberties being limited. It does not matter if you use attractants or not, you are still losing that choice. There are many tools and methods regarding hunting that I do not take advantage of but that does not mean that I am okay losing that opportunity. I personally do not use tree stands....does that mean that I stand by and let that method of hunting be outlawed? Absolutely not.

I have NEVER taken an animal over or even around an attractant that I have placed however I love seeing what hits an area on my cameras. And I will go out of my way to place my cameras in areas that are attractive to animals such as oak groves, water holes or natural limestone deposits.

Where did this lackadaisical attitude come from? There are members on this site who become argumentative and even angry when someone brings up baiting but as soon as it might be outlawed they pull out the recliner and just watch their freedom slowly get taken away. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for game management but this is unnecessary.

• Like 1

What people like you fail to see is the BIG picture. Your, and others narrow mindedness on the situation will only negatively effect other hunters.

What I mean by that is when you start opening doors for them to banning things, they (who ever the purposing entity might be) will never be happy. For instance, if WE allow liberals,government whom ever ban automatic weapons next thing you know they are going after 30 round mags, then 20 round mags eventually leading to all AR-15 having to be shot as single shot rifles, one bullet at a time.

Basically, if you let them get their foot in the door WHO KNOWS if/when they will be content with what they have been banned!

Even if baiting isn't your thing (it's not mine but I have NOTHING against it), the fact of the matter is it is a form of hunting so we ALL should support it no matter what!

• Like 5