Sign in to follow this  
azcouesfanatic

Hypothetical Bear Questions????

It's opening day of bear season and you are in your favorite unit glassing as the sun breaks the horizon. As you continue to glass you hear dogs barking in the distance. You recognize that it is likely a houndsman running bears. The dogs get closer and closer and before you know it you look up and see a mature bear jogging across the hillsdide 200 yards in front of you. The dogs are not in view yet but it is obvious they are trailing this bear. What do you do?

Wow that is a crazy predicament !!!!! Really unfortunate on ur part that ur glasses a ridge that hounds are on. Out off all the woods happens to be where ur at! I don't have a good answer for you right or wrong, but I would have not shot the bear as tempting as it is. But opportunity presented its self because of dogs and therefore I would be leaning toward dog runners bear. Like I said no right or wrong, just opinion.

I was about to be in that situation saturday morning. at day break I could hear hounds in the direction I was glassing. They were getting closer and closer untill they where silent.

Shoot the dogs when they come into sight.

Shoot the dogs?!? Made me LMFAO, I sure hope you're joking though. I don't think I'd shoot, but then again, I've never seen a bear and I've always wanted to take one... Naw, I'd pass...

Greg Brown you can bet your a** youd be taking a bullet as well. Thats just stupidity posting that crap on here.

Keep your dogs on a leash!

Greg Brown you can bet your a** youd be taking a bullet as well. Thats just stupidity posting that crap on here.

Keep your dogs on a leash!

Ok now, calm down guys. Nobody is going to shoot anybody's bear hounds. And if they do, well then they better be prepared for the consequences.

Let's stick to the original question, do you shoot the BEAR or let it wal and maybe help the hounds men?

Shoot the dogs when they come into sight.

What??? Your kidding right?

Of course I was kidding, it is just fun to see who the nut is, that thinks your serious, tonight it was Huntermncb... classic!

I do take it serious because it wouldn't be the the first or the last time someone has shot a hound. What kind of "NUT" would post on the internet saying that they would shoot someones dogs. It is classic when you realize what an idiot you sound like for typing something on the internet as stupid as that and when someone says something about it you say your just joking. And by the way my names Cody Boose

Do what I do, shoot and then explain that you are a deaf person

I like Tylers answer.