Shawn

3 for 3 archery bull

What a great hunt we had! I called this bull in on the 2nd Friday of the hunt. Shot him at 40 yards. He went about 100 yards at the bottom of a canyon in and old burn area. Luckily we had some buddies up camping with us for the first part of the hunt, that helped get him out.

post-2541-0-84906700-1349930191_thumb.jpg

The bulls started going crazy the last 2 days. On Wednesday morning I called a good bull in to 7 yards for my dad, but just to thick to get a shot. We stayed after it and called this bull out of his bed at 2:30 in the afternoon wednesday and he double lunged him at 18 yards. My dad had neck surgery in April and worked his way up to 52 pounds. After 9 days of hunting hard and staying after it, it paid off. We got dads all hung up at camp that night.

post-2541-0-56451600-1349930259_thumb.jpg

I went with our buddy Bill Thursday morning. I was going to hunt with him till 10am then go back and cut and package dads up. We had 2 bulls come in but no shot. We went after another bull, got to about 150 yards but would not come in. I stayed back cow calling and Bill made a stock and shot his bull at 15 yards.

post-2541-0-03515800-1349930351_thumb.jpg

That was a hard 27 hours for the 3 of us. Packed out, hung, cut up, and packaged 2 bulls. A great hunt that none of us will ever forget. Hope it's not another 6 years before we draw another elk tag

post-2541-0-74221200-1349929511_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

WOW! Obviously you all had an awesome time! Congrats to all of you on a great and memorable hunt!

Thanks for sharing with the site!

S.

:)

Thats awesome congrats to all you guys who shot a bull.

Great job guys! Just curious, what broadhead is your dad shooting? My daughter is shooting 50 pounds right now and is really wanting to try archery elk next year.

Thanks everybody

I will let dad know Ron, thanks.

Coues&Coyotes, my dad shot his bull with 90 grain 4 blade muzzy. My daughter started shooting a bow this year and she shoots 47 pounds now. She shoots 75 grain 3 blade muzzy. She has not had a shot at a deer with a bow yet, but they fly great and I think they will do the job.

Job well done. Congrats.

Very nice! Congrats on a very successful hunt!!!