well i am gonna get a new backpack and can't decide between 2 packs. the dragonfly and j34. i have an older model just one and love it but want to get a new one. i like the size of the dragonfly but like the design of the j34. i want to be able to do day hunts without having something too huge but also want to be able to fit my 6.5 in it easier cause it has a big stock, 50 mil objective lens and turrets. my current just one fits it but i have to fight it so get it in the scabbard. i am gonna get a new stock soon so that will help but i have to wait a while cause its on back order

Is the stock a McMillian or HS? If both fit your rifle with ease I would go with the one that has more cubic centimeters if the difference between the two weight wise is mere ounces.

Sorry I cant give a better answer Desrthunter, I'm a badlands man lol.

I believe the both have the same size scabbard (j34 & Dragonfly). I have the j34 and I like the way it fits and rides. The side pockets are not very accessible when the straps are tight and the main pocket isn't very usable when its zipped up. Also, I'm not to excited about the way the top pockets face downward... i worry about leaving it open an loosing items. But overall the pack is by far the best that I've own.

If I had to do it all over again and since I to have a large gun ( that's what she said), my next pack will be the gunslinger II.

I believe the both have the same size scabbard (j34 & Dragonfly). I have the j34 and I like the way it fits and rides. The side pockets are not very accessible when the straps are tight and the main pocket isn't very usable when its zipped up. Also, I'm not to excited about the way the top pockets face downward... i worry about leaving it open an loosing items. But overall the pack is by far the best that I've own.

If I had to do it all over again and since I to have a large gun ( that's what she said), my next pack will be the gunslinger II.

+1 in gunslinger 2 pack that pack has the large scabbard and is not too big of a pack. I really liked that pack but I wanted the room to pack out a coues that's why I went for operator g4m pack.

Like azgutpile said, I believe the j34 and dragonfly have the same sized scabbard. If you carry one of the larger spotting scopes (80mm) then you'll want to go with the dragonfly because the long vertical pockets on the j34 are smaller and very difficult to get a spotting scope in them. The gunslinger, gunrunner, and some of their military packs have larger scabbards.

I currently have the dragonfly. Thus far I have only used it on two hunts, lion and coues archery this past season. On both occasions it was used as a day pack. I added the butt bucket to the pack for carrying my bow.

One of my favorite features of the pack is the expandability of it. For these two hunts I was primarily in need of a day pack to carry my bow both on the quad and while hiking. For this I kept the pack small and collapsed. It was the perfect size for this. Simultaneously, if I needed to hike an animal out or were hiking in for multiple days, I had the option of expanding the pack to a rather large size. This might not be a big deal if you want to purchase multiple packs, but as expensive as a good pack can be, I like to keep it simple.

Also, I have tested it out and have no problem fitting my 26 inch barrel 300 RUM with a 50 mm scope into the scabbard.

+1 on the GS II. I can fit a telephone pole in mine. I got a new gunrunner this year to lighten things up for a day pack, and the scabbard is alot smaller. I had to slightly modify(cut it down the side about 3 inches) my pack to fit my modern sporter grip and let the rifle ride all the way down in the scabbard. Had a little heartburn over it at first, but now Im glad I did it. I only have about 4 inches of stock sticking out now. This should be a good light rig for steep going, and my rifle/scope will be well protected. If scabbard size matters, take a look at the GS II, it will pack alot of gear, and you can add on pouches, saddle bags and padded cases. It will hold 2 hydro pouches, and will pull up tight and hold your rifle snug. quality is first rate. I have badlands packs too, but none with a built in scabbard.

-sd

Ive read the J34 was for shorter torsos. I'm 6'1 165lbs and the j105 fit me better. Was going to buy one, but then "the General" caught wind of my plans and snuffed them out, lol. I will have an Eberlestock eventually, probably the j105.

Ive read the J34 was for shorter torsos. I'm 6'1 165lbs and the j105 fit me better. Was going to buy one, but then "the General" caught wind of my plans and snuffed them out, lol. I will have an Eberlestock eventually, probably the j105.

I'm 6'3" 295 lbs. and I love the way my J34 fits!!

I guess that's why we try everything on first. Everyone is different. Sportsman's wear house has a few different Eberlestock packs, and they sell 25 lb bags of shot gun shot. Load whatever one you're looking at up and walk around for a bit and see which one fits best. That's what I did. Just make sure they know what you're doing first ;)

I guess that's why we try everything on first. Everyone is different. Sportsman's wear house has a few different Eberlestock packs, and they sell 25 lb bags of shot gun shot. Load whatever one you're looking at up and walk around for a bit and see which one fits best. That's what I did. Just make sure they know what you're doing first ;)

Lol thats funny Antmo it'd be good measure to put a pair of swaros, spotting scope and tripod, in there to get an idea of what it will fit like in the field along with the shotgun cases if need be. :lol:

• Like 2

^^^ Now that's funny right there! I don't think I'd try that, but you're more than welcome to try it, lol.