Sign in to follow this  
arn243

Taste of my September

Here are some pics from my latest cam deployment. Many more but will hold them till after my hunt.

I went on a bivouac last night and this morning I found my two main targets seeing them in person for the first time. I have reason to be excited!post-4028-0-29001900-1350964298_thumb.jpgpost-4028-0-68619800-1350964329_thumb.jpg

Great pictures,reason enough to be excited!!!!

Not interested in a bait discussion, but is there bait, water, game trail near that spot? Always wondered if the Lions are always there or they appear once the deer are there for any particular reason? Like in my avatar there is a spring where deer,bear, javi, skunks, and what have you water there, but the two times the lion showed up it just walked by using the wash as a road more so then to use the water readily available to it right there? Great pics by the way man!

This is the second time I have got this lion, the last was in the spring and appears to be the same one. Its on a saddle that is well used although I did put down some black magic in the spring and the deer hit it pretty hard during the summer.

post-4028-0-86056600-1351000161_thumb.jpg

Thats awesome, yeah these lions are pretty elusive. Great pics thanks for sharing.

lots o lions in that area! If i'm reading the mountains in the background correctly then yes lots of lions there! When you see lions in the area, you should be happy cuz it means alot of deer.

No lions = no deer/no food

Looks awesome. Good luck on your bivy adventure. I have always wanted to do that.

Yeah I will be in the deep stuff with my brother and two sons. I have been talking to any and all Border Patrol people for intelligence and I try to keep high numbers on our hunts so we keep the "bandits" away from our hunting adventures. I even call the border dispatcher when I will be in the rocks overnight so they dont get nosey wondering what I am doing out there. They tell me to report whatever I see and it has worked out for me.

Good luck to all you other hunters! Be Safe! Use technology to your advantage.

NIce to see it's still pretty green out there. Thanks for posting, those pictures are nice and sharp. What camera did you use?