Sign in to follow this  
JeredMD

My 1st WT!

Got my first coues WT this past weekend out in AZ 30A. Went East of Douglas along the NM/AZ Border. We found a canyon and hiked backed about a mile and started glassing. Prob was glassing for a few hours when this spike presented himself. Might not be the biggest, but is good enough for me. My first Coues Whitetail :D .

He was right above the shaded area. Came to about 309yd shot with my .223. It took two shots. My first shot was right over his back by about 3-6inch. He then turned and was looking around, and had his body towards me with his head looking toward his back side. I adjusted for bullet drop again (6inch) and which i thought would land on his chest actually went right into his neck. Clean and quick, I am very very happy with it. I already got him cut up, packaged and put in the freezer :D

PA270063.jpg

PA270066.jpg

Congrats on your first CWT! 300+ yards with a .223 is a good shot.

Great job! Congratulations!

Nice Shot! Now that you got your first one you will be addicted forever. Congratulations.

• Like 1

Great shot. congrats on your first coues! Welcome to the coues brotherhood!

Edited:

Welcome to the coues brotherhood........and sisterhood as there are some great huntresses on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Mighty Fine Eats right there,,,,,Congrats!!!

Thanks! I already processed him up myself and is in the freezer. :) I am already planning out next years hunt if I am in AZ. I might be in TX for grad school so I might hunt in NM or TX.

Congrats! What kind of bullet were u using?

Thanks! I was using 75gr Hornady TAP. I usually don't use rounds like that but I was on a really really tight budget. It was some competition ammo I had left so I used it. Figured it would be better than my Varmint 50gr.