Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

Pigeon Problem

I live in a small RV Park. There are some shade trees on my lot with sparrows and such. I started feeding the sparrows because there was only a handful of them. The handful of sparrows turned into an army of them, Then the doves came. and now I got about 50 pigeons hanging around waiting to swoop in on the birdfeed I put out for the Sparrows and doves.

Does anyone know how to get rid of these cockroaches without affecting the small birds. I allready tried tying some old CD's to string and hanging it from the branches. It did not phase them one bit. These Pigeons are relentless.

No.... I can't use my pellet gun. ;)

Your not going to get rid of them, they are like 47% of our country that are looking for a handout. Give to one, give to all.

LOL.

Then the best coarse of action is not to give out anything.Then they will all go away. Now if I could just do that with liberals! :lol:

Your not going to get rid of them, they are like 47% of our country that are looking for a handout. Give to one, give to all.

Lol that is awesome ...

Lol! I take it you're voting for Obama?

Lol! I take it you're voting for Obama?

I would rather slam my **** in my truck door.

• Like 3

I was just looking at some info online. They reccomend buying a big plastic owl or hawk and putting on a fence or tree, but that would scare off all birds methinks!

LOL.

Then the best coarse of action is not to give out anything.Then they will all go away. Now if I could just do that with liberals! :lol:

Give it 4 more years to work!

My dad has the owl with a swivle head that moves with a breeze. Pigeons were scared a few days and sit next to it now. I wouldnt waste the money on those. What about some of that big square holed fencing like around gardens, plenty big enought for tweety but too small for the pigeons.

• Like 1

Funny thing is the pigeons and sparrows will eat side by side with each other. If a Dove shows up, the pigeons get really agressive and chase off the doves

Apparently what you need is the hawk that Sam from a couple posts down has in his back yard. That will take care of them.

There actually is a hawk around on occasion. He needs to bring all his buddies back with him and feast on this pigeon horde.

You asked for it when you started feeding the birds. I doubt you will ever get rid of the pigeons now.

Thats probably true. Can't afford to feed them all.

• Like 1