Sign in to follow this  
archerman

12 Year old Daughters first deer

We hunted 6 days without seeing a Coues buck. Saw many Mulies…….. Does, Fawns and Bucks, quite a few Coues does/fawns, some Javelina (couple huge ones), birds, reptiles and all sorts of wildlife….just not the one item we needed…..the elusive Coues buck! That is….until the last day. This decent buck was taken by my 12 year old daughter Ashlynn (code named “Little Annie Oakley”) at about 12:30 PM. She put the smack down on him just after I missed a shot @ 70 yards on a fork horn! Couldn’t believe it……I seriously choked as my gun had some mechanical issues and I COMPLETELY panicked! LOL. I think my new code name is “BROADSIDE” as I can’t hit the broadside of a barn! The deer now see me and think “don’t worry about him….he’ll miss”

My little girl worked her rear off for a whole week and sealed the deal when it counted. I am so proud of her choices she makes while we are hunting. She has a love for the wildlife we hunt and is a seriously ethical huntress! I am so proud.

AshlynnsCoues001.jpg

• Like 1

Ashlynn, that is an AWESOME buck!!! Way to go girl :D I can see why you're so proud "Broadside"... 'er, I mean Dad, You have a lot to be proud of!!! Congrats to the both of you.

Yup, that right there is just fantastic!! Nothin sweeter than you and your girl out there makin memories. Thanks for sharing Broadside.....

WOOOO HOOOO!!! Way to go "ANNIE". Love it, what a B E A utiful BUCK!!!