jeffcros

My sons first elk hunt

My son drew a 22N late bull hunt this year. We headed up Thursday night real late. I stayed up all night setting up camp then set off before light. Got to our glassing spot and only saw 3 nice coues bucks. Went back to camp for some grub and a nap. Got out that evening but didn't see much. Next morning decided to go to another area that I have never been.

First off started glassing elk, cows and calves. then a nice mulie buck, then 4 bulls way down a canyon about mile and half away. Looked at my son and said what do you think? He said, let get em!

We took off got to 400 yards and watched them feed for awhile and got set up behind the 338 edge. Once he said he was ready it was a couple shots and bull was down! We took our time, made a couple of long trip for meat and had a great time. Heres a few pictures from the trippost-2457-0-42729700-1354807143_thumb.jpgpost-2457-0-77346400-1354807209_thumb.jpgpost-2457-0-82009300-1354807248_thumb.jpgpost-2457-0-79777700-1354807339_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on a successful hunt! I like your son's spirit, he wasn't afraid of getting in there and gett'n 'em!

congrats on a very tough hunt. I have glassed those bulls in those deep canyons of 22N. thats quite a feat to go in there and pack them out. Good job.

very cool!

love to see the young gunz gettin it done!

Congratulations!

James

Nice job way to get it done in the tuff late hunts. That bull would make a great European mount.

That is really special to be with your son and help him get his first score. Congratulations.