Sign in to follow this  
kennyazman

Desert Muley rut

Finally found em-almost 2 days without a single deer til tonight. Nice buck pushin does. Took about 35 minutes to sneek in but as usual they had moved on by the time I got there. Hope to find em and put em to bed in the morning.

This weekend is completely opposite of last weekend at least where I'm at. Last weekend it looked like the rut was going. This weekend so far I've found lots of does with only spikes and small bucks. I don't know...

Getting closer, didnt see any bucks till friday. Saw one 3x3 around 140's with 3 does. Then saw two forks and another small 3x3 (120's) with 7 does. Went out this morning and saw a 150's class 4x4, maybe a 3 year old (racehorse look but big body) with 6 does. He wasnt all over them, but he wasnt letting get too far away before he followed. It wont be long before the big boys knock these smaller bucks off the does. Also the does are grouping up a little, saw a lot of doubles until friday. Happening a little earlier this Dec. than last in my area.

Saw a nice 4x4 pushing 150 all by himself. then I had a little 3x3 pushing a single doe 53 yards from the seat of my truck. To bad I already tagged out and was just checking ponds.

I was helping a friend chase around Muleys the past 3 days and the bucks were all with does. This is the main buck we were after.

post-2549-0-31176200-1356403931.jpg

post-2549-0-89416600-1356403953_thumb.jpg

post-2549-0-40026400-1356403972_thumb.jpg

Hoping so! Saw a big 2 point last weekend pushing does. Couldn't get close enough for a shot though

Last night and today chased a nice heavy but crabbed fronts desert 4x4 with 11 does of which at least 1 is hot. Busted at 30 yards by 2 of his does - too many eyes and ears. Killed my first pig yesterday morning so I'm having a good hunt so far. 25 degrees this morning...

Was out Wednesday and got into a nice 4x4 with 5 does. Then saw a forky working a single doe hard. Then saw a big 3x3 and 5x4 all alone. Went to the same exact spot today and saw 3 big groups of 10+ does with no bucks in sight. Not sure were they could of gone

Last night and today chased a nice heavy but crabbed fronts desert 4x4 with 11 does of which at least 1 is hot. Busted at 30 yards by 2 of his does - too many eyes and ears. Killed my first pig yesterday morning so I'm having a good hunt so far. 25 degrees this morning...

Nice!

stay after it!

James

You guys are lucky to be out chasin bucks & pigs!! Work has been so slow that I can't afford to go I hope it picks up so at least I can

maybe catch the tail end of the season!! Good luck to all who are hunting. I'M JEALOUS FOR SURE!!!