BirdDog20

San Carlos reservation hunting

Has anyone here hunted San Carlos? Since it's reservation ... under it's own sovereignty, does taking a deer count against your Arizona limit. I'm guessing ... no. Do they charge extra for non-resident?

Looking at the possibility of putting together a hunt for my uncle and perhaps my father for a trophy hunt. Looking for references or reviews of guides.

Any information appreciated.

I am pretty sure the tags go fast as there is no draw. First come, First served. Its always seems to be a mystery when the tags will go on sale. I have wanted to hunt the res for many years. If you do, good luck!

I went up last Feb. to sit in line and buy a tag for a buddy. Man what a cluster %*$@!!!! I was number 33 out of about 60 people in line and some how I ended up the last one getting a tag! People cutting in line, showing up at noon and getting there tags before guys who had been there since 3 a.m.

That being said, I'm still grateful that they offer non-member tags. The San Carlos has really managed there herd for trophy quality. They usually have zone D tags left over.

The only unit that requires a Tribal Guide is the R-100 unit, Unit D is DIY just like A,B,C.