Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Joeys first buck

JimmyC, JLB and i have been out here enduring the rain, wind, clouds, mud etc. we FINALLY saw that big ball of burning gas today and made the most of it! Less then 5 minutes into our glassing for the day we had this buck bedded just short of 1000 yards. Jimmy and Joey made great stock and Joey let him have it.

His first buck and man read he pumped, as we all were! The crown was flowing tonight!

2012-12-16_10-34-52_626.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats Joey....you are already one up on your dad and unlce J to start off December! Great first buck. I am real happy for you. I know your dad, mom, Donna, and pop are proud. Great job

Joey,

Again, congratulations on your first deer. Glad I was able to come down south and be there for the hunt. It was great to watch through the binos when you made the shot. Enjoy the memory as I do of my first deer hunt.

Jim

Congratulations Joey on your first buck. It's a beautiful buck and one you will always remember. Kudos to rest of you guys for helping.

TJ

• Like 1

So, I am Joey's stepfather. Jimmy. This all started whent he results of the draw came out. I posted what hunt we got drawn for and Firstcoueswas80 responds with if you need help, I would like to come and help. (I've never met him, just on the forum. So we exchanged numbers and bs'd a few times on the phone. The week before the hunt firstcoueswas80 calls and says he's got a buddy JLB (Jim) that wants to come too. I said great. I've only been hunting these grey ghosts for a few years. Joey and I drew the famous 36b December tag. We've spent time shooting our rifles and scouting for this trip. Finally, Thursday came. We loaded the 30' Travel Trailer and headed south. Casey and Jim showed up right after we did. We set up camp then the storm rolled in. It rained until mid day Saturday. Stopped for a short time, then started raining agin. Woke up Sunday morning to guess what????? RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so we headed north on I-19 in search of sunlight. There was a small hill side off the freeway that had sun shining on it. "Let's head there!!!!!!!!!!". Get out of the truck, and right away see two white tail doe and a muley doe feeding. Not 30 seconds later Casey says what we've been waiting for since Augus, "I've got a buck". We all check it out, and decide, let's roll. Joey's been working at the YMCA since June, and his schedule wasn't cooperating, so we went after the buck. Joey hit him from 220yds, and broke his back, right away, the buck tried and tried to get up and couldn't. I told Joey, grab your stuff, that deer is suffering, and we need to get up on that hill NOW!. Joey beat me there and put one round in his heart from 30 yards. DEER DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!. It was a great experience for me to watch my sone get his first deer. And we couldn't of got it done withour Casey and Jim. I had no idea how to cape an animal. so Jim and Casey took care of it. Then to top it all off, Scott and Anita came down from Tucson after I called and told them Joey got his first deer. They picked up Joey, his caped deer and meat and headed back to Tucson so I could continue to hunt. THANK YOU SCOTT and ANITA. Stay tuned for the rest of the story I am still searching for my December buck. Thanks agian Casey, Jim, Scott and Anita.

Congrats!! Thats just awesome!! Nice Deer!!

Very excited for Joey and Jimmy.

Great first buck Joey. ...

AWWWWWWW heck Jimmy we were in the area.

It was nice meeting Casey and Jim. They were all the help you needed.

Thanks for letting us share the moment.