Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

New Member Map - try it out!

I added a new feature to the forum that is called Member Map. Look for those words under the forum banner and click on it. It should pull up a google map and it will show other members locations. Look for the button that lets you add your location. If you don't want to use your exact address, you can just enter the street name and the city and state. If you enter just city/state it will likely be covered by another members' icon, so streets help separate out the icons. You can edit your location at anytime also.

I think this is way cool. B) I also added my location.

TJ

I would strongly advise against putting your street address down to keep harassment down from the likes of PETA or from some Lib newspaper posting it up.

• Like 1

Yeah, I used a generic address in my neighborhood, but not the exact address. Very good point, also leads to criminals having a map of the exact houses where guns or bows are! Just use generic addresses in or near your neighborhood and that should not be a problem.

Where are you guys seeing the address? :blink:

TJ

yeah, as I suggested, you can use a street name, but not a number so that you aren't posting your exact location. If everyone just puts their city/state or zipcode than the map will be a little boring because one marker will represent a lot of people. But you can put a street name along with city/state to separate out markers and yet not have your exact address. You don't even have to use your own street, but a nearby one, for example you could add your location as Power Road, Mesa, AZ

Have fun!

Added my location, great new feature Amanda.....this will be fun, in no time the whole state of Arizona will have red markers all over lol