Sign in to follow this  
mulie hunter

37a Javelina

Finally got it done! My 7th day of hunting these pigs. I decided to try a new area, one I havent hunted in years, but I knew held pigs. I slept in and arrived to the area around 8am. The first spot had a camp near the hill, so I decide to go to plan b, upon arriving there, there are two fifth wheels camped there. I like to hunt alone so. I decided on a plan c go to a area I hunted years ago with my dad. Luckily these spots are within a few miles of each other. I arrived around 830 and began glassing and immediately glassed up a pig. Now to stalk within bow range. 30 minutes later I am on the hillside where the pig was, but I dont see the pig. Then all of a sudden I hear a "woof, woof" and 20 yards away is the pig standing by a mesquite tree. The rest is history.

post-940-0-14829000-1358388449_thumb.jpg

That sure is a sweet picture and congratulations on sticking with it for 7 days. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

• Like 1

Nice when that plan comes together!

Congrats! I like the story. Get to sleep in, people unknowly stepping on your toes BUT still gett'n it done! Like the way you framed the pic with the cactus in the background!

Well done. Good looking Javi.

I'll be heading out there Wednesday morning.