Sign in to follow this  
JMP

21" wide Mexico buck - updated new pics 2nd buck

I shot this buck two weeks ago while hunting with Matt Woodward and Borderland Adventures. It was my first trip to Mexico. After seeing the way a Coues deer population can be (where the population isn't managed by a dismal buck to doe ratio), and passing over 100" deer like they were 80" bucks in Arizona, I'll be going back every year from now on. It was simply amazing to see.

The buck is 21" wide and has 18" beams.

post-2527-0-57784200-1358620930_thumb.jpg

Now that is a w-i-d-e buck! Congratulations sir, that'll make an awesome mount.

Great buck! Congrats! Im sure you had a little buck fever when you where setting the crosshairs on him!

Great buck! Congrats! Im sure you had a little buck fever when you where setting the crosshairs on him!

Thanks guys. Yeah, a little buck fever. We first spotted the deer at about 1,000 yards but couldn't get good look at it because of the strong winds. We moved to 500 yards, and I could tell that it's beams went straight out, and that it was a good buck. But with the wind I wasn't very confident in my ability to make a good shot. So we moved again to a closer knob, and were now 375 yards away. But there was no deer. We could see one of the does it was with, but no buck. So we sat. And sat. for probably 1/2 an hour until Matt noticed ear movement between a few rocks. The deer had bedded. 10 minutes later, it stood up and started moving one of the does. I made a shot and hit the deer in the... well, I hit it in the face and nocked it flat. The cowboys were happy since there was literally zero wasted meat.

Here you go Kevin... (congrats on another giant, btw)

post-2527-0-67620800-1358892936_thumb.jpg

I popped down last week to finish up some video work I'm doing with Matt, and found this next buck. I was pretty happy with it, since I only had the one day to be down there.

post-2527-0-84701700-1358892968_thumb.jpg

And both of them together...

post-2527-0-84840300-1358892983_thumb.jpg

That guy just keeps going out doesn't he?!

Like the picture set up too.

Congrats on a successful trip.