Sign in to follow this  
kazpilot25

Vortex Viper HD 15x50 vs. Kaibab HD 15x56

I went with the kiababs and have not regretted it. Swarovski's are great no doubt, but the difference is not worth the money in my opinion. I have looked at many animals through both, and there is a difference, but it is pretty slight.

However, there is a world of difference between the kiababs and the vipers.

• Like 1

If you haven't already you might want to look at the Minox 15X56. I like them and they are $900.

I went with the kiababs and have not regretted it. Swarovski's are great no doubt, but the difference is not worth the money in my opinion. I have looked at many animals through both, and there is a difference, but it is pretty slight. However, there is a world of difference between the kiababs and the vipers.

That's what I was hoping. I'll probably be buying the Kaibabs in the next day or 2. Once I get them, the Vipers are for sale!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

I dont think you will regret the upgrade! Let me know if you want to go "break" them in one morning ha ha!

That's what I'm hoping! We'll definitely have to go break them in!

$550 on the Vipers. Used for 1 season. Took them out for a 1 day scouting trip, and 3 days for the hunt. Have original box and packaging.

Are the swaros really $800 better than the Kaibabs?

Yup!

• Like 1

Are the swaros really $800 better than the Kaibabs?

Yup!

+1 having had lots of time behind both

Have both and compared the Swaro's side by side with the Kaibab's, the difference is not worth spending the extra $800... just plan on getting a good tripod and using it....

I have a virtually brand pair of Kaibabs for sale if you are interested. The ad is posted in the classifieds section.

Ok, so after buying the Kaibabs and trying them out on my javelina hunt this past weekend side by side with the Vipers, I am very pleased with my purchase.

Side by side, the Kaibab HD 15x56s are hands down a much better optic than the Viper HD 15x50. Wider field of view, much brighter, much higher resolution, and much more vibrant and accurate colors. I really didn't think there would be too much of a difference, but after I emailed Vortex and was told they're completely different from the ground up, I took the leap. I also happened to have a pair of the Diamondback 10x50s sitting around for comparison, and holy crap! There is a huge difference from one to the next on up the line.

Just in case anyone else is ever wondering, the Kaibabs are much better and well worth the extra dough.

Lol I was just mulling this one over between viper and Kaibab

I know its a long ways away, but I just went to the Cabelas in St Louis and they had a brand new pair of the swarovski 15x56 NEU's for $1299, I had to rub my eyes a couple of times to make sure it was right. There's guys in the classifieds trying to sell used ones for more than that!

• Like 1