Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Beer is not the answer

Beer has been the answer to most of the important questions in my life! And I propose a toast to the nector of the gods. Sorry if I misspelled anything, I have had a couple of beers.

dang.... got excited for a minute! I thought it read Beer is NOW the answer...... oh well

pop a top again

James

Well, JLW, it's now officially Friday Night, so Beer IS now the answer. I forgot the question. LOL.

• Like 1

In an episode of "Cheers," Cliff Clavin, the trivia-spouting, quirky, irksome mama's boy mailman is seated at the bar describing the buffalo theory to his buddy, Norm Peterson, the beer loving heavyweight bar stool sitting perpetual patron.

Cliff expounds his "Buffalo Theory" to Norm:

“Well, you see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it’s the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”

I was given some beer for Christmas for playing Sant Claus. It came from Utah and was called Polygamy and on the label it said "why just have one". :lol: It was some of the best beer I've ever tasted. Can't wait to get my hands on some more.

TJ

• Like 1

In an episode of "Cheers," Cliff Clavin, the trivia-spouting, quirky, irksome mama's boy mailman is seated at the bar describing the buffalo theory to his buddy, Norm Peterson, the beer loving heavyweight bar stool sitting perpetual patron.

Cliff expounds his "Buffalo Theory" to Norm:

“Well, you see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it’s the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”

This is a favorite of mine. Many a time I have recited it with the perfect clerity of alcohol induced slurred speech. Thanks for posting.

TJ - Can't wait to get my hands on some more.

I hope you are talking about the beer. :blink:

I was given some beer for Christmas for playing Sant Claus. It came from Utah and was called Polygamy and on the label it said "why just have one". :lol: It was some of the best beer I've ever tasted. Can't wait to get my hands on some more.

TJ

I need to get some of that beer! ;)

TJ

I need to get some of that beer! ;)

Is that the Polygamy Porter? I think I've seen it at Bevmo.